Search

Do HEL TATL credit Avios and TP?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Do HEL TATL credit Avios and TP?

Hi all,

Looking at some flights to LAS in October this year and so far Finnair seem to be coming up cheapest. ARN>HEL>LAX>LAS found on Matrix and also google flights. Google flights is saying that the Finnair tickets are "Also sold by British Airways", however when I put the HEL>LAX into the BA flight calculator to work out Avios and TP, it says the route is not recognised? This is the same if I change the airline to BA. Changing to AA it shows as crediting Avios but not TP's.

Is anyone able to confirm if this route would credit?

Cheers all!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by flyer_tom
Hi all,

Looking at some flights to LAS in October this year and so far Finnair seem to be coming up cheapest. ARN>HEL>LAX>LAS found on Matrix and also google flights. Google flights is saying that the Finnair tickets are "Also sold by British Airways", however when I put the HEL>LAX into the BA flight calculator to work out Avios and TP, it says the route is not recognised? This is the same if I change the airline to BA. Changing to AA it shows as crediting Avios but not TP's.

Is anyone able to confirm if this route would credit?

Cheers all!
You will get the usual 140 tier points for HEL-LAX and the appropriate Avios for Finnair
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I booked a HEL-LAX later in the year and also MMB doesn't recognize it when calculating TPs and Avios earned.
But it's a new route - that will start in late March, if I'm not mistaken - so I suppose they will update both the calculator and MMB when the flights begin.
Originally Posted by rapidex
You will get the usual 140 tier points for HEL-LAX and the appropriate Avios for Finnair
Unless booked under BA code
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by hypercrypt
You need to use the calculator segment by segment, matching the flight to marketing airline for each one (as long as BA marketed or oneworld marketed and operated)
The route is a new route, HEL-LAX which Finnair will start in March. The calculator will not work yet.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
If you're after any kind of TP, I suspect the same fare would accomodate ARN-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS, just so you know. That's 880TP!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Thanks all for the quick replies. I hadn't realised it was a new route! Duly noted.

Originally Posted by Lefly
Unless booked under BA code
Presumably that means booking via BA rather than with Finnair or similar to ensure you request the BA flight number rather than the AY flight number?

Originally Posted by thebigben
If you're after any kind of TP, I suspect the same fare would accomodate ARN-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS, just so you know. That's 880TP!
Thanks for the heads up bigben - I shall investigate!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by flyer_tom
Thanks all for the quick replies. I hadn't realised it was a new route! Duly noted.

Presumably that means booking via BA rather than with Finnair or similar to ensure you request the BA flight number rather than the AY flight number?

Thanks for the heads up bigben - I shall investigate!
If you book through BA you'll earn more (double) Avios.

For example, LHR-HEL (each way) earns 2835 Avios (as Gold in I class), whereas on AY codes you'd earn 1418 Avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.