Wiki Posts
Search

Combining tickets, possible?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Combining tickets, possible?

Posting here as three BA agents have said this isn't possible.

My friends are getting married in April. Due to work commitments they can't fly from US to her parent's place on the same flight. As such they're flying Sunday and Tuesday ORD-LHR respectively.

That's fine. However they're flying back together, married, LHR-ORD, on the same flight. BA is saying it's not possible to pair their return tickets as one.

Usually this wouldn't be a big problem. However I'm looking to use a GGL redemption on their ticket to upgrade them from WTP to CW (one is F&F, so thereoteically that's possible).

I'm a bit frustrated with the responses so far as I think they're incorrect. Or, at least, I hope they are.

Hive mind, what's the deal? Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The three answers you already have are correct. You can’t merge bookings.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:22 pm

They’re correct and this isn’t possible. You can’t combine two tickets from separate PNRs into one. The only way around this (as far as I’m aware) would have been prior to booking by making one booking, applying the upgrade to the return flight, splitting the booking then changing the outbound date for one of them.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You could have saved yourself a few telephone calls it seems. No, you can't have people on different flights on the same reservation or record locator rather than ticket. You can of course book them as singles such that on the return they would be on one reservation, but that's still 3 reservations in all. So as things stand it's either 2, 3 or 4 reservations, and 2 to 4 tickets. So unless you bring them on to the same pair of flights it's going to be 2 jokers.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I’m curious why you wouldn’t take the word of three different GGL line agents ?
Anonba likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
When I travelled together with the Mrs to the US we were on two separate PNRs since we flew out on same flights but travelled back a week apart since I went to NYC for work. we were able to link the PNRs so that I was able to book her seats next to me in Club for free as I'm GCH and she was a lowly blue at the time. On her return leg as I wasn't flying with her we had to pay for her seat reservation.
A simple call to the Gold line was able to achieve this and sorted the seats at the same time.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Infocustv
When I travelled together with the Mrs to the US we were on two separate PNRs since we flew out on same flights but travelled back a week apart since I went to NYC for work.
Yes, that's different, that's the To Complete Party + seat selection in the same cabin facility, which is open to all Golds and indeed the OP. It provides a dumb link between 2 PNRs, which then facilitates seat selection, but it doesn't merge the booking, they would remain as 2 PNRs. However he wants to gift a joker to his friend so they can have a nicer cabin for their wedding - a thoughtful gesture - but he is understandably balking at the prospect of using 2 jokers to do this. A joker just handles one PNR and this booking cannot - as things stand - end up as one PNR.
jerry a. laska and orbitmic like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I’m curious why you wouldn’t take the word of three different GGL line agents ?
He was phoning, without status, to enquire on pairing their return. It's the same flight so I thought it was possible.
Until it was paired it made no sense for me to phone. Sounds like it cannot be paired and therefore no reason for me to phone.
Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, that's different, that's the To Complete Party + seat selection in the same cabin facility, which is open to all Golds and indeed the OP. It provides a dumb link between 2 PNRs, which then facilitates seat selection, but it doesn't merge the booking, they would remain as 2 PNRs. However he wants to gift a joker to his friend so they can have a nicer cabin for their wedding - a thoughtful gesture - but he is understandably balking at the prospect of using 2 jokers to do this. A joker just handles one PNR and this booking cannot - as things stand - end up as one PNR.
Unfortunately I only have the one redemption remaining,, thus couldn't use two even if I wanted.
On advice above they've loose-linked their bookings and are sat together, so that's a positive.
Shame they had to book separate tickets I s'pose, but it's what it is.
Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.