Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios Rewards Amex

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Lloyds Avios Rewards Amex

So we’ve had the big switch from avios.com to BAEC, the product has been pulled from the market to new applicants and I’ve read tons about its supposed winding up (at least the Amex element) and yet I’ve still not received any official word from Lloyds about any changes. With my £24 renewal fee shortly due, I’m wondering what’s going on. Does anyone have any inside scoop about what is happening?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:07 am

Yeah, it's odd there there hasn't been any info from them.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Had a recent enough call with them and the gist of it is that at some point between now and this summer, you'll be contacted and migrated to a new card, and the annual fee would be refunded (not sure if will be pro-rata or not)
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
I spoke with them last week and asked about the future. The agent seemed genuine and said;
  • I'd be given 60 days notice before changes (or 90 if I wasn't include in the last T&C change ?!?)
  • The Amex card is going
  • Fee's are to be refunded, and the change is planned to happen sometime over the summer (such that it is implemented after the Summer holidays)
So I bet, at the beginning of July letters will go out that from September the changes will take place. I had new cards sent to me as my last ones expired recently, and interestingly the new cards expire in July 2019. So a really short life! I did ask about this, and was told it is normal (eight month lifetimes are not normal)!

I was also charged FX fees recently, and was told this was 'system testing'. I therefore assume FX fee's are coming in...
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
I spoke with them last week and asked about the future. The agent seemed genuine and said;
  • I'd be given 60 days notice before changes (or 90 if I wasn't include in the last T&C change ?!?)
  • The Amex card is going
  • Fee's are to be refunded, and the change is planned to happen sometime over the summer (such that it is implemented after the Summer holidays)
So I bet, at the beginning of July letters will go out that from September the changes will take place. I had new cards sent to me as my last ones expired recently, and interestingly the new cards expire in July 2019. So a really short life! I did ask about this, and was told it is normal (eight month lifetimes are not normal)!

I was also charged FX fees recently, and was told this was 'system testing'. I therefore assume FX fee's are coming in...
Yes, FX fees are on the way (see article by Rob on Headforpoints last August ) which is why I’ve taken out a Tandem card to ensure I have a replacement fx-fee free card going forward.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Helpful. Thanks guys.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC, Virgin Flying Club
Very strange. I've had my letter saying that my Lloyd's Avios card is changing next month, which I thought was convenient as that is when my current cards expired. But then today I received two new cards (MasterCard and Amex) with expiry dates in 2022!

I'm assuming this means nothing and the Amex will die next month, but seems very odd!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:00 am

I still don't know when it's supposed to be ending exactly. My letter just said they'd be contacting me again.

Anyone know of a decent replacement which gives rewards on (mostly) foreign spend?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
  • The Amex card is going

Time to finally close off my UK card account I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.