Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK BA Lloyds Card Query (Upgrade Voucher).

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, JAL
UK BA Lloyds Card Query (Upgrade Voucher).

Dear All,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. I wasn't sure where the best place to post this was.

Bizarrely I have acquired this card recently and have struggled to find further information about it.
The information online doesn't seem to match what one of the customer service reps has said.

Just so I'm not getting my wires crossed:
- Are upgrade vouchers still being issued? (with spend for >7k)

I'm currently unable to get access online to their portal to verify this information.

Best regards,

Randolph.

-
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:49 pm

My mother got one issued 4 weeks ago on her account so I am presuming they are still issuing them now. They no longer show in your avios.com account though.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:41 pm

They will still show in your avios account if the avios account that used to receive the points was converted to an Aer Lingus account before the durch over. Points still go directly to BA though
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I had an Upgrade Voucher (the final one surely) issued today so the program is still going. My Avios account had already been moved over to BA but I was able use it by booking over the phone (Avios, not BA) and they were able to pull the required avios direct from my BA account.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Did you get charged an offline fee? They tried to make me pay but I managed to log into my avios.com account and do it online and avoided it.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by chistery
Did you get charged an offline fee? They tried to make me pay but I managed to log into my avios.com account and do it online and avoided it.
No, they removed the offline fee without me even having to ask for it as "You can't do this online anymore so it would be silly to charge you for it".
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:13 am

Also had fee proactively waved recently.

I was using two vouchers at the same time and though I received a normal looking confirmation email with travel documents closer inspection showed it had not actually been ticketed. Very straightforward call to them and all sorted now but do check carefully if using two vouchers.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Can I hijack this thread for a second?
Anyone know if the Lloyds Avios Upgrade voucher can be used on Comair flights?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
Bizarrely I have acquired this card recently and have struggled to find further information about it.
The information online doesn't seem to match what one of the customer service reps has said.-
Given that you have 'acquired this card recently', are you sure you actually have a voucher-earning card? As far as I was aware, the Lloyds Rewards card was withdrawn for new applicants around the middle of last year.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
I went through the rigmarole of using one of these vouchers the other day (the voucher was linked to a closed Avios account which had been transferred to BAEC), which involved:

Calling BAEC gold line, who told me that normally I'd have to do this by calling Avios, but luckily the BA agent I spoke to was 'one of a handful' who can access Avios accounts,
Digging out the account number for my closed Avios account,
BA agent temporarily reopens the closed account, transfers Avios from my BAEC account and makes the booking,
Agent re-closes the Avios account.

The agent was very helpful and patient, but the process took about half an hour (including me searching for my Avios account number and also choosing flights, since reward flight availability on the Avios system seemed different to that on BA.com) So my question - will Lloyds continue to issue these vouchers to closed Avios accounts in future requiring these dead accounts to be kept in limbo forever? Surely it would be simpler if a way could be found to add the vouchers directly to your BAEC account?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:53 am

I just got an upgrade voucher. Does the closure of the avios stite mean you can't search for availability beforehand, or can you just do that on BA.com and assume it'll be the same? From memory availability was different on the two sites.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Rick5105
I just got an upgrade voucher. Does the closure of the avios stite mean you can't search for availability beforehand, or can you just do that on BA.com and assume it'll be the same? From memory availability was different on the two sites.
Availability is the same. There used to be extra economy availability (G bucket) but that was 3+ years ago.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by pauldb

Availability is the same. There used to be extra economy availability (G bucket) but that was 3+ years ago.
For completeness, any additional Y inventory made available to BAEC Gold members is not available through the Avios booking platform, even if the Avios member is also BAEC Gold. (Obviously this wouldn't be relevant when using a Lloyds voucher.)
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by hearingdouble
For completeness, any additional Y inventory made available to BAEC Gold members is not available through the Avios booking platform, even if the Avios member is also BAEC Gold. (Obviously this wouldn't be relevant when using a Lloyds voucher.)
This was actually relevant in my case. I was using the voucher to upgrade two people for one leg of the journey (outbound) - for the return economy leg the inventory I could see on BA.com could not be seen by the agent on the Avios platform, presumably because it was V class inventory available to BAEC gold only. So, I ended up booking the outbound over the phone using the voucher, and the return I booked myself on BA.com.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by volar
This was actually relevant in my case. I was using the voucher to upgrade two people for one leg of the journey (outbound) - for the return economy leg the inventory I could see on BA.com could not be seen by the agent on the Avios platform, presumably because it was V class inventory available to BAEC gold only. So, I ended up booking the outbound over the phone using the voucher, and the return I booked myself on BA.com.
Hi - was this 2 separate one-way bookings?
I wasn't aware you could book on the phone (using Avios agents) then add a return leg to the same booking on BA.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.