Search

E190 Exit Rows

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, IHG, Nandos
E190 Exit Rows

Hi all,

On the E190 is the last row (25) as spacious as the row 12 exit seats? Have been in the former before yet not seen the latter and also struggled to find any pictures...

it’s for MAN to LCY on 19/1

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
No extra space. The exit is behind row 25.

At LCY you have a chance to get off the plane first though - if they use the stairs for the back door, which they usually do.
abersoch3254 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
The E190 has the most generous legroom of BAs shorthaul fleet in ET.
Thomathy and abersoch3254 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
The last row on the Embraer is classed as an exit row because of the restrictions on who can sit there only - sadly no extra legroom but on the 190 you’ve still got plenty and on the majority of them you still get full recline. The main negative is that you might get the odd backside in the face from people queuing for the toilet.
KeaneJohn and abersoch3254 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by zappomatic
The last row on the Embraer is classed as an exit row because of the restrictions on who can sit there only - sadly no extra legroom but on the 190 you’ve still got plenty and on the majority of them you still get full recline. The main negative is that you might get the odd backside in the face from people queuing for the toilet.
Do you know why the last row is classed as an exit row when the same cant be said of A318/9/20/21?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

Do you know why the last row is classed as an exit row when the same cant be said of A318/9/20/21?
I asked this very question a while back and crew said it was that you might be called upon to assist crew in an emergency as only one crew member was seated at the rear of the aircraft (ditto row 1A/B and 2C/D on the E190).
flygirl68 and abersoch3254 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
The rear-most couple of overhead bins in the BACF aircraft are filled with safety gear, so if it's a busy flight with lots of bags on board you will be competing wth people in rows 23, 24, and 25 for space in the bins over row 23 for any items you need to put up there. I avoid the rear-most couple of rows on BACF for that reason.
abersoch3254 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
The E190 has the most generous legroom of BAs shorthaul fleet in ET.
and CE!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by flatlander
The rear-most couple of overhead bins in the BACF aircraft are filled with safety gear, so if it's a busy flight with lots of bags on board you will be competing wth people in rows 23, 24, and 25 for space in the bins over row 23 for any items you need to put up there. I avoid the rear-most couple of rows on BACF for that reason.
I wouldn’t really describe the trolley top over 24CD as safety gear however it does play a role in serving those complimentary G&Ts!

There’s nothing in the locker above 25CD (you can ignore the “emergency equipment only” placard) however larger wheeled cases may be a bit too long to fit in there.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyFlyer
I asked this very question a while back and crew said it was that you might be called upon to assist crew in an emergency as only one crew member was seated at the rear of the aircraft (ditto row 1A/B and 2C/D on the E190).
Couldn’t the same be said of eg A319 with three crew?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.