Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Advice on Sydney trip from UK - BA / Qantas / CP??

Advice on Sydney trip from UK - BA / Qantas / CP??

Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life, SQ PPS Club, UA Gold MM
If it’s me and I’m in PE, I’m breaking up that trip with a day/night in Singapore. I’m 6’2” and I struggle to sleep more than a few hours even in flat-bed Club; there is no way I can sleep in a sitting position in PE (not a back-sleeper). I’d rather pay for a night in a hotel to get 6 or so hours of fully horizontal rest, rather than doing 14 hours and then another 10 over consecutive nights without once being able to lie flat. The spinal compression is brutal. And the BA Gold lounge in SIN is always jam-packed around the hours of those crossover flights going each direction, so you can have trouble finding a seat, much less a place to lie down.

The Crowne Plaza at Changi is super-comfortable (although I had an awful dinner there once in the main restaurant) and you can partially adjust time zones to make it easier when you get to SYD.

But that’s just me...
Tredders likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
After pricing the trip up, I've booked with Cathay Pacific. I got Premium seats (exit rows on all 4 flights) for a fraction over 2000. Compared to BA at 3300 and Qantas at 3500, it was a fairly easy decision. I've booked timings where I get 10 hours at Hong Kong in both directions, and have booked the Marriott Skycity on both days, so I'll be able to get 5 or 6 hours sleep, a shower and a meal before heading onto the next flight.

I've read that CX credit TPs for each leg of the journey, so does this mean that I'll earn 90 x 4 TPs for the entire trip? Seems a lot if that's the case, but I won't be complaining if that's the case!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tredders
After pricing the trip up, I've booked with Cathay Pacific. I got Premium seats (exit rows on all 4 flights) for a fraction over 2000. Compared to BA at 3300 and Qantas at 3500, it was a fairly easy decision. I've booked timings where I get 10 hours at Hong Kong in both directions, and have booked the Marriott Skycity on both days, so I'll be able to get 5 or 6 hours sleep, a shower and a meal before heading onto the next flight.

I've read that CX credit TPs for each leg of the journey, so does this mean that I'll earn 90 x 4 TPs for the entire trip? Seems a lot if that's the case, but I won't be complaining if that's the case!
As long as all 4 legs have different flight numbers, yes
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by teledude
As long as all 4 legs have different flight numbers, yes
Beautiful

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.