Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has BA stopped Avios transfers from Iberia ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has BA stopped Avios transfers from Iberia ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat Charge (UK), SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Dia, PP,
Easy - use Aer Lingus Aer Club as the middleman. Instant transfer in fron IB to EI. Then EI to BA.

No issues with HH accounts either using this route.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by chrisjohnston01
Easy - use Aer Lingus Aer Club as the middleman. Instant transfer in fron IB to EI. Then EI to BA.

No issues with HH accounts either using this route.
I had this issue recently. Rob on HfP pointed out this work around, but by creating a Fly.be account. It was the HH account that was causing the issue for me. So from Iberia to Fly.be to BA in a few mins. Doesn't make sense why there is an issue with HH accounts. Hopefully the Aer Lingus route will still work after the Fly.be one presumably disappears when the Virgin takeover is complete.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:19 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by dddc
I had this issue recently. Rob on HfP pointed out this work around, but by creating a Fly.be account. It was the HH account that was causing the issue for me. So from Iberia to Fly.be to BA in a few mins. Doesn't make sense why there is an issue with HH accounts. Hopefully the Aer Lingus route will still work after the Fly.be one presumably disappears when the Virgin takeover is complete.
Great but where on the Iberia site is the Combine? I see Purchase and Transfer but that is not the same. Can you help me?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Great but where on the Iberia site is the Combine? I see Purchase and Transfer but that is not the same. Can you help me?
For our beloved Pucci, anything!

It's a pain as its right down the bottom of this page in small type. You need to go log in to IB+, then select Buying or Selling Avios. If you don't log in, you won't see the link that allows you to transfer to other airlines.

It's the line that says "Don't forget you can combine your Avios etc...."

If you need more help, let me know.

HIDDY likes this.

Last edited by dddc; Jan 17, 2019 at 7:39 am
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dddc
For our beloved Pucci, anything!

It's a pain as its right down the bottom of this page in small type. You need to go log in to IB+, then select Buying or Selling Avios. If you don't log in, you won't see the page.

It's the line that says "Don't forget you can combine your Avios etc...."

If you need more help, let me know.

Yes it comes as a bit of an afterthought on the Iberia Plus site but is there way down at the bottom of the page.

Working for me today.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:23 am

You are a love. I’ll have a go and let you know!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
moved some today - try this link on hfp which walks you through Iberia page.
https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/0...-avios-points/

Last edited by Telecasterman; Jan 17, 2019 at 11:04 am
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:42 am

Now Telecasterman my Love - I found the problem. What is was could probably happen in Spain with their floating surnames , patronymics and matronymics!

The problem was that my Iberia Profile showed Name Pucci - Surname Galore Second Surname Galore

Only in Spain does one have two surnames and I am not talking double-barrelled surnames. Once I corrected that, I used Avios.com to clear the Iberia account and stick them in the BA acc. What a palava!

It only was a matter of 9,000 avios earned through Avis but I wanted them on the BA account none the less.

Mission Accomplished thanks to all of you! I'm quite chuffed at having cracked that! Now off to battle Movistar and the biggest battle will be not to lose my temper at their incompetence!
Telecasterman likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:51 am
formerly frankdjs

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by tsmnc
You cant transfer IB Avios to BA while being in a household account
But you can still transfer to Avios.com and then on to BA from Iberia. Do this all the time.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by frankdjs
But you can still transfer to Avios.com and then on to BA from Iberia. Do this all the time.
That's what I did - however this two surname nonsense on the Iberia site. OKI, I realise that no one in Spain has less than two surnames - unless you are Basque and then you need to have eight ( ). was the reason that the two would not work - it kept saying that the two accounts were not identical. It worked this morning.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:08 am

Hello,
I'm also trying to get my info to be exactly the same in both BA and Iberia accounts.
One weirdness in Iberia is a mandatory field in the address section: "Flat / Letter". It does not let you leave this blank.

So in BA Executive Club my address reads:

5 High Street
LONDON
N1 1AA

but in Iberia it has to be:

Postal Code
N1 1AA

Street name
HIGH STREET

Number

Flat / letter
-

Additional information

City
LONDON

I wonder if someone who has managed successfully to tranfer/"combine" Avios from Iberia to BA on Iberia's site could please check how your address appears on each site, and how you got around the weird "Flat / Letter" field? Spanish websites are usually quirk-ridden labyrinths (have you tried using Renfe.com ..?).

Many thanks!

PS I've tried without success doing the transfer on Avios.com with an intermediary Aer Lingus Aerclub account.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
The problem was that my Iberia Profile showed Name Pucci - Surname Galore Second Surname Galore

Only in Spain does one have two surnames and I am not talking double-barrelled surnames. Once I corrected that, I used Avios.com to clear the Iberia account and stick them in the BA acc.
I'm having the same problem with the second surname. How did you remove it from your IB Plus Account?
Old Dec 22, 2019, 3:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Grace B
I'm having the same problem with the second surname. How did you remove it from your IB Plus Account?
I had to contact Iberia by email and request that this was removed. I sent a scan of my passport with the original request. They took about a week to sort it.
Grace B likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.