Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No there are no pictures of any of the new amenities as these haven’t been released.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:13 pm

I feel certain this information has been posted, but is the release date for the new kits and blankets known at this time? Would love to see it next month, but somehow doubt that is far out enough...
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques

Later in spring: all new soft furnishings - with an exciting new design, using more luxurious fabrics and including an upgraded amenity kit.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
it's an interesting dichotomy for BA - which is to make WTP a bit better and listen to the customers AND not divert Biz PAX. For a daytime flight west from london to Canada / US east coast - the delta will be small!
perversely, If I fly first - it's always from London as "sleep is sleep" - not sure I'd notice a difference between a biz bed and a first bed - other than the jim jams and having it made for me.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Ba94 yul - lhr

As there are not many pictures yet, I thought I would add last night's BA94. The AUP priced $1250 certainly wouldn't have been worth 6hrs in CW. On delivering the food, the crew claimed that the dessert was particularly tasty. Having mentioned the fact that the menu was new I was given an extra wine for being observant. Chicken was good, but the only thing that seemed revolutionary was the china coffee cup

Chicken with black bean sauce
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Can anyone tell me how the Rigatoni pasta in a creamy garlic and herb sauce with leek , pumpkin and baby spinach is? Usually I Special Meal Request the Vegetarian meal which is always horrible but as I am departing LHR for my next flight I can Pre-order this!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
it's an interesting dichotomy for BA - which is to make WTP a bit better and listen to the customers AND not divert Biz PAX.
It's a dilemma for very many airlines, which is why some of the obvious candidates for introducing premium economy have taken a very long time to decide to do so. Out of those in which I have a particular interest, CX is a shining example.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's a dilemma for very many airlines, which is why some of the obvious candidates for introducing premium economy have taken a very long time to decide to do so. Out of those in which I have a particular interest, CX is a shining example.
There is of course an ever growing segment of the market (myself included) where travel policy dictates premium economy as a maximum. Or at least that is my perception, as many friends working in other companies are also in that boat. An excellent premium economy product could help sway those of us who would not be able to book J regardless, especially with the ability to AUP once in a while.
Tredders likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jamespi
There is of course an ever growing segment of the market (myself included) where travel policy dictates premium economy as a maximum.
And the fact that it's growing may explain the change in position taken by some of these airlines.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by djtriggz
Can anyone tell me how the Rigatoni pasta in a creamy garlic and herb sauce with leek , pumpkin and baby spinach is? Usually I Special Meal Request the Vegetarian meal which is always horrible but as I am departing LHR for my next flight I can Pre-order this!
I had it 2 weeks ago on a flight to JFK, it was really good and tasty. i would usually have chosen the second meal available (basically anything except the beef) but i was very happy with the pasta.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by Can I help you
No there are no pictures of any of the new amenities as these haven’t been released.
Thanks. Any ideas when they are released?

I am due to fly in WT+ in the second week of March.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Heres the pre order WT+ for my upcoming BA213 March outbound.

Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Does pre-selecting a meal reduce your chances of upgrades?

I know ordering special meals used to, but Ive heard this has now been changed
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kosy91
Does pre-selecting a meal reduce your chances of upgrades?

I know ordering special meals used to, but Ive heard this has now been changed
Neither now has an impact on upgrades from London, SPMLs may still have an impact on the return to London.

Pre-selection meals were never a problem here, since the reason you would be upgraded would largely be because someone in WT needs your seat. They would theoretically still have access to your meal, which in any case would feature in the general pool of meal options loaded, and complaints would be unlikely. Whereas upgrading someone and giving them an SPML could have been awkward. But there are apparently enough SPMLs in the system now that it shouldn't make a difference, they can change things at the last moment.
kosy91 and Brainless69 like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
So after the high of outbound to Mumbai, return today from Delhi was the worst food offering I have had in a BA flight :-( , VERY poor lamb dish. CSM had already noted it in the system before serving, and was embarrassed to be serving it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.