Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I traveled on BA107 to Dubai on Sunday on a full WT+ flight and the menu was the same as the one posted with exception of the beef (1st option) instead it was an Arabic lamb dish. So the menu consisted of lamb, Guinea fowl and a vegetarian option, which isn't ideal I would say as a lot of customers won't eat either lamb or Guinea fowl. Not that it mattered, by the time I was served there was nothing left, so had to wait till club was finished and got something from there instead. The guy next to me had to have the vegetarian as nothing else was left, and I was going to have fowl, but as he was putting it on my tray, the CC from the other side came over and said she had just promised someone else the fowl and he was prioritized over me. I think the reason behind not having enough is that in one of the rows there was a family consisting of two toddlers, therefore would have had kids meals loaded, however one of the parent's parents were in WT and the grandfather had swapped seats for part of the flight with the granddaughter and this happened to be when dinner was being served and he got a Guinea fowl. Very disappointed as the CW meal was very poor (had the choice of lamb or sea trout and went with the lamb).

In contract, the outbound flight to London on the 1st of Feb (last day of old meal service) was the best main course I have ever had a plane (flown around 15 first sectors with BA, 50+ CW sectors and probably 10 other J class flights). It was a beef fillet and cooked to perfection, opposed to the usual overcooked and dry efforts.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The amount of Guinea fowl has been drastically reduced and the pasta has been increased and is being replaced by chicken next month.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:10 am

That’s a shame, I’d much rather Guinea Fowl than chicken. I must be in the minority!
Seat 1K and krispy84 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
I would prefer something like a fruit plate or the cheese board to be offered rather than a one item fits all sort of thing. Like the grapes.
Agreed. That would be much more in line with AA PE.
Originally Posted by criso
I think this thread does show how difficult it can be to please everyone.
Although tomato and mozzarella isn't the most imaginative, with good ingredients and a decent dressing I'd much prefer that to the coleslaw variations and Ilike the suggestion of a cheese or fruit plate.
Of course everyone won't be pleased, but I agree with you both a cheese/fruit plate is a little better than pizza/cake. While I appreciate the fact the pizza is hot versus the old sandwiches, it still feels more like a lateral move, not a true enhancement. After all, AA in economy serves a hot sandwich or pizza and a cake. What is World Traveller getting for a second meal now? Is it still one piece of twix?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A sandwich and a chocolate biscuit or small cake.
airb330 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
the new second meal on east coast flights ie Toronto, is half a sandwich and a candy bar plus teas and coffee. Certainly an improvement and edible
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn’t it a full sandwich cut in half?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilčge, Air Canada Aeroplan
Isn't that exactly what it was before? Always used to be two small sandwiches in a box and a chocolate bar.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WT hasn’t changed it’s WT Plus that has.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:07 pm
XLB
Suspended

Programs: BA, QR, LH
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The amount of Guinea fowl has been drastically reduced and the pasta has been increased and is being replaced by chicken next month.
Meaning, when all is said and done, this high falutin' WTP menu roll out amounts to 'Chicken or Pasta.''
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
sadly, I am 99.999999995 sure (but "can I help you" is such an oracle on such matters that I'm now in doubt!!) that it was a half a sandwich with thickish bread. Can someone put us out of our misery for accuracy sake though it's academic given it's gone anyway to be replaced by carb hell aka pizza gate
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by XLB
Meaning, when all is said and done, this high falutin' WTP menu roll out amounts to 'Chicken or Pasta.''
And that’s not cost cutting, it genuinely is a reaction to customer feedback.

Last edited by EJetter; Feb 13, 2019 at 9:06 pm
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zappomatic

And that’s not cost cutting, it genuinely is a reaction to customer feedback.
Chicken, pasta or beef.
I have to say having seen the new main meals a few times now it is a real improvement and the feedback I have been given is all very positive.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:44 pm
XLB
Suspended

Programs: BA, QR, LH
Originally Posted by Can I help you

Chicken, pasta or beef.
I have to say having seen the new main meals a few times now it is a real improvement and the feedback I have been given is all very positive.
This is very encouraging. Who needs fancy meals if basic meals can be prepared well with good ingredients in an attractive way.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Sorry if it's already been posted but I did a search and could not find anything.

Does anyone have any details or pics of the new amenity kits?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.