Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond

Quite a lot of carbs in this! 51g for those watching their intake. Mostly from the cm thick base.

Standard meal with: water bottle; milk sachet; cheese and crackers; cheesecake; salad
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Preferred Plus
Did the LGW-JFK myself yesterday: other than the 3 mains being a different selection catering was identical to you, xenole, with afternoon tea turning out to be pizza. As a vegetarian - being able to just select off the menu and be sure of food was a positive change and meant I got the tasty dessert instead of fruit (the orange truffle cake was pretty good).

Of most interest for me: I sometimes* ask for the mini bottle of sparkling wine / prosecco / whatever is available at WTP level. Yesterday it turned out to be a bottle of Pommery champagne and when I was asked if I would like another bottle with my meal, another Pomery was procured. Is that a new enhancement to WTP catering or was I just lucky that the Gatwick flight was so quiet there was champagne for everyone?

*often

Originally Posted by xenole
Just came off my LHR-JFK flight. 11 people in the 30 seat cabin and 4 crew.

Champagne or water offered at first.
Hot towel, bottle of water and mini pesto bites.
4 drinks runs (trays of OJ / water) through the flight.
Magnum ice cream about 3hrs before landing.
Pizza box and hour before.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Quite a lot of carbs in this! 51g for those watching their intake. Mostly from the cm thick base.

Standard meal with: water bottle; milk sachet; cheese and crackers; cheesecake; salad
Oh my, tomato and mozzarella yet again...
icegirl likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

Think I've ordered this for next weeks flight to BGI.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:44 pm
XLB
Suspended

Programs: BA, QR, LH
Veering into other soft product territory....anybody see anything new in WTP blankets or are we still stuck with the current horrors....
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The soft furnishings are coming soon, the blanket is a small version of the new CW blanket, there is also a new larger pillow and amenity pack.
rockflyertalk and XLB like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Agent69
Think I've ordered this for next weeks flight to BGI.
Let's hope the cheesecake isn't quite as frozen as in that picture

I've never really used the blanket (well once on a SIN-LHR flight). Not fussed what they're like as they either go in the side bins or the overhead locker anyway.

There's still too much to waste for me personally. Salads I won't eat ever and most of the time, I don't touch the dessert. No idea if it's dumped or if the crew eat it but seeing as it's exposed now rather than in a plastic container, I suspect they wouldn't risk it.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Had the new food service out to Mumbai this week, and was by far the best meals I have had in WT+
Both first and second meals were as good as anything I've had recently in xlub
Tobias-UK and SLGO like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by stewaran
Had the new food service out to Mumbai this week, and was by far the best meals I have had in WT+
Sounds tempting. Would love to see some photos of the meals if any
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by stewaran
Flying to BOM next week in WTP - can you provide any further info or pics?

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Not sure why the pizza is getting hate, looks far better than the manky sandwiches they used to give out. I can't remember the last time I ate one of those sandwiches, I normally took them with me just in case I got starving before I next had access to proper food, normally leaving them in my hotel room when I checked out days later (when they looked just as unappetizing as they did when handed out on the plane).

I'd much rather have some hot pizza and cake, and it looks pretty good.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:21 am

The pizza isn't great. Too much bread and the cheese is fairly non-descript.
As I said earlier, it's a major hit of carbs and not really the sort of thing you want after sitting idle for hours.
The sandwiches were lighter although I never ate them as I much prefer simpler varieties rather than mayo with mayo and something else added to the mayo.

I kept my pizza for later. Maybe better cold?
Easier to pull the cheese off and just eat that when it's cold.

I would prefer something like a fruit plate or the cheese board to be offered rather than a one item fits all sort of thing. Like the grapes.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I flew LHR-JFK last week and there have definitely been good improvements.
The meal was very good. I went with the rigatoni pasta (delicious) and the chocolate desert was very very good. The Magnum ice cream was a good addition.
Pizza was OKish. I much prefer the chicken sandwich they were giving in the past.

The FA in charge of the cabin provided an excellent service and kept the drinks flowing.

Can't wait now to see the new blanket. i had to use the WTP blanket (as the cabin was freezing cold) and it left millions of lints on my trousers. I had to buy a lint remover to brush them off once i New York.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
I think this thread does show how difficult it can be to please everyone.

I'm not totally against sandwiches but bread from the wraps they used to serve was like glue and it would be nice to have a option that wasn't quite so carb based.

Although tomato and mozzarella isn't the most imaginative, with good ingredients and a decent dressing I'd much prefer that to the coleslaw variations and Ilike the suggestion of a cheese or fruit plate.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by SLGO

Sounds tempting. Would love to see some photos of the meals if any
Originally Posted by kosy91
Flying to BOM next week in WTP - can you provide any further info or pics?

Thanks
Sadly not, didnt take any pics! apologies.it wasnt michelin star presentation, but was all very tasty
second meal was a nice paneer dish,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.