Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche

You can guess from my username I'm fond of this cabin

Excited to see some of the updates here - looks to be using more china elements / metal cutlery, but with what appears to still be the Traveller role, milk sachet, water bottle, wrapped brownie, plastic glass etc. Looks like a small hot meal service in the last picture (perhaps for the 2nd meal service on longer hauls). Decent portion in the pictures it seems!

Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Looks good. Looks similar to the AA premium economy offering, which is very decent. When does this come into effect?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:59 am

The cups and bowls look like the old Club Europe stock. All in all it looks like a nice if not overwhelming improvement over the old tray setup.
At least they've not gone to Club Europe extremes by offering the smaller half tray for the main meal. I guess galley space hasn't been sacrificed on the wide-bodies..... yet 😊
george77300 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I was expecting more, so far I’m disappointed.
armouredant and bmibaby737 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It looks like a huge improvement to me, both on the main meal (large tray) and the second meal service especially (small tray). When I last flew in WTP at the end of last year the second meal service was a soggy sandwich in a plastic wrapper and a energy bar.
clubeurope and amanx like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by george77300
It looks like a huge improvement to me, both on the main meal (large tray) and the second meal service especially (small tray). When I last flew in WTP at the end of last year the second meal service was a soggy sandwich in a plastic wrapper and a energy bar.
Prawns can be deceptive creatures.
There's plenty of space on that new half tray setup for the soggy sandwich to be placed in its cellophane in the main dish charger and for an energy bar plonked in lieu of the bread roll
nancypants and george77300 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The main meal was always a large tray and the second hot meal a half tray so no change there, there is just more china dishes and less plastic ones.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I like it. The one small change I would make is to use square bowls,

What else were you expecting to see?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m going to wait and see, there maybe more to come.
icegirl and kosy91 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
Any clues on roll out? Which routes and when?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Any clues on roll out? Which routes and when?
Q5
MajorVoid likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
to me too, it looks like a huge improvement. The starter and desert seem to be improved and not from the WT tray. The second meal looks promising too.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
about time

does it mean that wines are improved as well?

Travelling from YYZ to LHR in March in PE and hope to notice the difference. The real test of whether BA have listened or not will be whether breakfast into LHR has been sorted! Its good they are re-using the crockery from Club World - that makes sense for sure.
Does anyone know when the promised "bedding" arrives (presumably out of storage from it's CW days?)

The one thing I'd love BA to fix in PE (and it's only a small thing) is to serve prosecco TO London (and not just FROM London). I've had every excuse in the book when I ask every time in Toronto (to make the point) from - "it's hard to chill at the outstations" - Reply - "but you manage it in Club and First", to "it's to do with customs regulations" -reply "but you manage it in Club and First."

OK - I know it's cheap prosecco, they load two bottles, it's warm and it's half a glass- BUT it irks and it's penny pinching.

All of the above said, it's a genuine improvement and the fact that BA is on the up in terms of the quality of the on board experience - I give huge credit to them for listening. I understand PE is a profitable cabin and I know many biz folks who now travel PE - esp on the day flights to Toronto where it's a pleasant way to spend 7 hours. (assuming you get a decent screen!)
Horatio likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Few more details.
3 choices of main course including a vegetarian option.
New bar snacks and hot element to all second meals.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Any indication as to when this will be implemented?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.