Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I agree the east coast offerings were bad however on the longer flights it is a good product which has been now upgraded for plus customers.
Love2travel86 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I agree the east coast offerings were bad however on the longer flights it is a good product which has been now upgraded for plus customers.
Any idea if the shorter (east coast) flights also are receiving an upgraded breakfast win WTP? Thanks
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes it will similar to a hot breakfast burrito.
airb330 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I’ve an Atlanta turn in WTP at the end of February and the outbound is showing the new three choice menu. This gets the infamous cream cheese pretzel (I think they’re actually produced in/near Atlanta IIRC), so will report on the change, if any.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
don't start me on the cream cheese pretzel!!! It was foul - it looked foul, it tasted foul, it smelt foul! I really felt for the crew having to serve ir (and collect most of it back in!)

How BA thought this was a good meal (other than unit cost!)

I really hope the east coast burrito is better than it sounds!

Hopefully some pics emerge the next few days - come on Ladies and Gents, surely some of the FT community flew today?? Bonus points for the first pic and description of the burrito!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I was expecting more, so far I’m disappointed.
Mmmm not sure what your expecting.....World Traveller Plus is an upgrade from World Traveller not a downgrade of Club!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I’m pleased to say I am a little less disappointed but I haven’t seen the product in the flesh yet.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Notes from this morning’s BA72 AUH-LHR. There’s a new folded menu card.

Me : “Oooh, it’s the new service !”
Cabin crew : “Don’t hold your breath ...”

Being an 02:05 departure, the first service is a hot snack - a ‘chicken shawarma’, which was a turdish shape and had the texture of a giant deep fried spring roll.
Without any dip or salad, it was as dry as the desert sand.

Breakfast service :
CC : “Omelette or frittata ?”
Me : “Which omelette ? There are two different omelette dishes on the menu.”
CC : < blank look > “The omelette option has meat. The frittata is vegetarian.”
Me : “I’ll have the omelette”

Under the foil was the cheeese omelette, harra potato, marinated tomato and lamb merged sausage, which all tasted the same as any other airline breakfast. A couple of the potatoes had a nice crunch though.

Also on the tray was butter for the roll, apricot jam, fruit, yoghurt, apple danish and bottled water.

Pity. I fancied the other omelette. Wonder what became of that ?
Attached Images    

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Feb 3, 2019 at 1:17 am
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
So if W now has a hot element on all second meals does that make it better on most westbound US flights than afternoon tea in J?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
I've done the AUH route a few times recently. On my last trip back it seemed they were trialling the new service for breakfast as it came with more, yoghurt and fruit as well as a muffin and roll.

I suspected the hot snack would just be the previous offering - a chicken wrap - with heat applied. Did it come with anything else, used to be a wrap and a kit kat.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by MTJ Bound
So if W now has a hot element on all second meals does that make it better on most westbound US flights than afternoon tea in J?
No. Im in NYC this weekend with friends and two of them travelled over in W and received the new service. Although the main meal appears to have been excellent the second meal was a pizza which they described as awful.

Ill take afternoon tea over a pizza every time.
stewaran likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer

No. Im in NYC this weekend with friends and two of them travelled over in W and received the new service. Although the main meal appears to have been excellent the second meal was a pizza which they described as awful.

The pizza sounds like what I described as the "god awful pizza box" that was previously served on the west coast flights as a second meal. Definitely best avoided!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:47 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer

And AAs J arrival service into the US on westbound flights over anything BA offers even in F except for the true west coast flights.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
AA loves SALT, some meals have been atrocious recently. Id take the hot BA pizza wrap in Y any day of the week over an AA J meal.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ Oxon Flyer - your breakfast episode brought a smile

Interesting to see that the cheese omelette in the first choice on your menu is clearly specified as cheddar and mozzarella ......... but by the time they came to the omelette in the third option, they gave up on descriptions and just settled on cheese. And theres no escape from marinated tomatoes which appear in all three options, so perhaps theyve got a job lot waiting to be used up !

Cant help wonder if whoever ultimately signs off on these menus doesnt stop to think we could maybe offer customers a tad more variety here ......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.