Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
I just rechecked my BA - AC comparison thread
Comparing Premium Economy between Air Canada and British Airways
(sorry - unsure whether I'm allowed to put the address)

Though BA already won on the food front, a better second (hot) meal, a hot breakfast etc would put BA way above Air Canada on the Toronto to London route as a direct comparison. If BA densify all WTP cabins on the 777's with dedicated crew and our own bathroom - it would be a knockout win!!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Well I welcome there being a third vegetarian meal as standard. No more asking for the veggie option from World Traveller.

Hopefully they have figured out how to get sparkling wine for the return trip as well.
JustTheOne likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be

I am flying in First tomorrow to HKG.
Would that catering be done by Do Co too?

I wonder if I will notice a difference.
It isn’t the new catering yet but it will be provided by Do&Co so hopefully you will notice a difference.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
So is this new catering (WTP) supplied by Do&Co?

Is this part of the slow migration over to all catering to be supplied by Do&Co?
Do&Co will be taking over at start of 2020 but some flights like club europe have already started
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
Tomato and mozzarella. Earth shattering!

sorry, couldn’t help myself.
Yeah I agree. They really need to get past this now. I find it bland and unpalatable in any form (except cooked on a pizza!)
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jday
Well I welcome there being a third vegetarian meal as standard. No more asking for the veggie option from World Traveller.

Hopefully they have figured out how to get sparkling wine for the return trip as well.
When they run out in WTP, I've never had a problem in requesting that the CC serve me something from J, rather than Y - and the request has never been refused either.

One concern is that if they are now offering an additional hot option, that means less of each, making it more likely that you won't get your first choice. Especially on routes where there is a CC "dedicated" to WTP, as that means if you're toward the rear on the starboard side you're guaranteed to be last to be served.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
True but there's always the option to pre order the main if you feel strongly about the options. Currently I always check in case there's something I really don't want.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by criso
True but there's always the option to pre order the main if you feel strongly about the options. Currently I always check in case there's something I really don't want.
Agreed, but not an option on your return leg (presuming flying back to UK).
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
1st February ex London, 2nd ex outstations.
just my luck that I am flying in WTP for the second time ever on the 1st back to London 😂
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:35 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

honestly, I kind of like the direction (long haul) BA is heading right now.

If this new service is executed well enough, it surpasses CX's now underwhelming Premium Economy meals.
sxc likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Travelling LHR-JNB and have been given the three main course options to choose from, so I assume this is the new WTP catering offering. So what can I expect for the 2nd meal (which will be breakfast time as the flight lands at 10.15)?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
The second meal of a pizza box/burrito isn’t particularly a huge upgrade considering this is what American offer in standard economy as the second meal.

I find it’s also quite cloying/heavy after a long flight, when you’re really after something a lot lighter before landing

Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by xPositor
Agreed, but not an option on your return leg (presuming flying back to UK).
Plus pre-ordering precludes you from Op-ups? Or is that only in the case of ordering a special meal?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by clubeurope
honestly, I kind of like the direction (long haul) BA is heading right now.

If this new service is executed well enough, it surpasses CX's now underwhelming Premium Economy meals.
Yep, I found CX very disappointing in this regard. Made sure to fill up on dim sum in the lounge on the way out of HKG.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
The second meal of a pizza box/burrito isn’t particularly a huge upgrade considering this is what American offer in standard economy as the second meal.

Pizza?? For breakfast? And this you call an improvement??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.