Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Old Mar 9, 19, 9:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
This is a live report from on board G-BYGC (under the BOAC livery) BA295 on route from LHR to ORD, so I'm 233 miles north of Rockall at the moment.

This a Do&Co route along with JFK, and looking at the small print at the bottom of the menu it would also be available during March to places like PHL, YYZ, MIA, BOS as well as JFK.

Timetable so far
12:43 take off
12:52 hot towel
13:05 drinks from the bar and pretzels
13:42 lunch served
14:18 tea
14:28 trays removed.
14:54 Water and juice round.

So the pretzels, two types

This is the menu

and the bar menu

And this is the meal tray. It was directly served from the galley, not via a trolley.

The chicken curry was excellent, I really enjoyed it. The previous caterer's one strength was their curries and Do&Co don't have the same reputation in that particular field, but I thought it was lovely, creamy and with great flavours. The dessert was extremely rich, it's not a large portion but that was as much as I could eat.
Right, that's just settled dinner for tonight... Curry it is!
Old Mar 9, 19, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
If your son needs a lacto free meal he needs to order a special meal (NLML).
donít do it, if your son doesnít like a vegetarian meal. They are the same.
Old Mar 9, 19, 12:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And the second meal update from BA295 LHR-ORD.

Hourly juice and water runs more or less on the hour.

Then at 16:45 the Magnums

Finally at 1930: , which is about 90 minutes from Chicago, the second meal, served warm after 15 minutes in the oven. It's marked VGML. There was a tea/coffee/bar run too, just as we started to bounce our way over the Great Lakes.

Old Mar 9, 19, 4:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, BA Gold
BA 138 BOM-LHR

Picture of the main, breakfast meal

Old Mar 10, 19, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Looking at the drinks menu. Do they not serve rum anymore? Seems a bit strange to have three whiskeys.
Old Mar 10, 19, 7:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
curry
Looks good. Not quite sure about the 'tinbath of sick' though.

So the pretzels, two types

Not wishing to nitpick, but are 'mini breadsticks' really a species of 'preztel' ?
Old Mar 10, 19, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The bread sticks haven’t been very popular taste wise, the manufacturers are making some improvements which should be online very soon.
Old Mar 10, 19, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Radisson Gold
I had that pizza box in WTP on my way to DXB last month and quite liked it. The magnum was a nice touch too.
Old Mar 10, 19, 10:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I don't have high expectations of food offered in any class and certainly not in WT+ but I must say that looks perfectly edible to me and about the level I would expect. I have absolutely seen much worse!
Old Mar 11, 19, 3:34 am

Do&Co aren't doing all of the catering yet. They only do the premium cabins out of chicago currently. (On the LHR-ORD-LHR route)

Last edited by redflyer24; Mar 11, 19 at 4:07 am
Old Mar 11, 19, 11:15 am

Can I just be a little odd and say, I preferred those little chocolate pots for desert over the new offerings.
Old Mar 11, 19, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards, Tesco Clubcard, Shell Go+, M&S Sparks
I had a DM from BA informing me the new amenity kits should be rolled out by end of March apparently.

r.e. curries with Do&Co - I agree, the current offerings have been very good especially on AVML, dare I say it, almost restaurant quality. I do hope they can up their game to match the current offering in due course!

Originally Posted by Dubh View Post
Can I just be a little odd and say, I preferred those little chocolate pots for desert over the new offerings.
They were good! But I always found not enough
Old Mar 12, 19, 2:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I was hoping to report back on the USA-UK WTP menu today, but unfortunately I got a double upgrade.

However down the side of the seat I did recover this menu for JFK-LHR (my service was ORD-LHR so I don't know how that happened). You won't see this menu on MMB since only London departures have menus online. Now what I also notice is that the first two chicken and cod main courses are word-for-word identical to the Club World menu. Starters and desserts are different. The third main course in CW is Aubergine Parmigiana cappellacci. Clearly WTP passengers need no assistance with their Italian.

Old Mar 13, 19, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards, Tesco Clubcard, Shell Go+, M&S Sparks
Yesterday's BA73 LHR > AUH.

No pretzels but just the breadsticks in the initial drinks round.

I opted for the pasta. Magnums mid way into the flight. And then 1.5 hours before landing we were offered pizza or cold sandwiches, I went for the pizza.

Old Mar 13, 19, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Paren View Post
Yesterday's BA73 LHR > AUH.

No pretzels but just the breadsticks in the initial drinks round.

I opted for the pasta. Magnums mid way into the flight. And then 1.5 hours before landing we were offered pizza or cold sandwiches, I went for the pizza.

I wanted the pasta myself on the same flight a couple of days ago but it was well gone by the time they got to row 21 (I know, I'm the guy that picks that window seat with no window). Took the beef option begrudgingly seeing as it's normally overcooked. It wasn't bad at all.

As I said above, if prefer the chocolate pot to that tiny little slice of cheesecake.

The pizza an hour from the end is also not bad at all.
Paren likes this.

Search this Thread