Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
On BA251 from LHR to SCL last night. For the dinner service I had exactly the same options as xenole has previously posted (caprese salad, guinea fowl and chocolate cheesecake) so I won't repost photos of those. But I thought it a small but definite improvement. The caprese salad isn't amazing, but it's a definite step-up from the previous small plastic post of coleslaw. And I thought the guinea fowl was excellent.

The breakfast service felt like the biggest change to me:

So the breakfast served in a china dish, with a napkin and metal cutlery and a china coffee cup, rather than the previous WT foil container, plastic cutlery and a paper cup for coffee. In terms of the quality of the actual food, to be honest it was only a marginal change at best (if at all) - but maybe I'm just quite superficial, but it's surprising how the relatively small changes of presentation help it feel like a significantly more quality experience.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:46 pm

I’ll be flying IAD to LHR WTP end of March, does anyone know what the food choices are now on those flights? Has this also changed and do you get a hot breakfast now?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Beef
Chicken
Pasta
And for breakfast a warm burrito.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Beef
Chicken
Pasta
And for breakfast a warm burrito.
Great thanks, look forward to seeing some photos hopefully if anyone has this in the next month
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hello - I flew from New Orleans to London MSY>LHR last Tuesday and am currently waiting in T5B for my return to IAD, all WTP.

Read this post with interest prior to travels last week and made a mental note to take some photos and drop them into this tread (finally contributing!?)

MSY>LHR 18/2/19
Dinner was good. Unfortunately no WTP breakfast (whatever that may have been) was loaded so we had the same as WT - a cold, sad cheese roll (not much got ate...)

I’ll add a post with the same for today’s IAD flight when I’m on the other side.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA 208 MIA-LHR yesterday FEB 25th
I had the beef and it was tasty. Medium cooked with still red in the middle.

Second hot meal was a small breakfast burrito. It was very salty and had a super red/orange tortilla.

Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Agent69
Think I've ordered this for next weeks flight to BGI.
And very nice it was too.

Passed on the soggy looking Pizza served just before landing
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Something of a mixed bag on BA008 back from Tokyo today.

Went for the beef. Which tasted better than it looked,thankfully! As a child of the 1980s I was amused to see what tasted like Dairylea as the cheese...salad particularly disappointing, no dressing at all.

Then had almost 9.5 hour gap for next meal,so had to raid Premium Economy Kitchen, which was found wanting....

went for the gnocchi for second lunch, which is the same as the WT main but in China not foil. Actually rather good.

worst thing though... Coffee whitener in tea. Imagine what certain esteemed FTers would make of that!
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by jamespi
had to raid Premium Economy Kitchen, which was found wanting....
As a child of the 80s, you should know that a Finger of Fudge is just enough ....
EJetter, SaraJH, tynmar and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
As a child of the 80s, you should know that a Finger of Fudge is just enough ....
Yes it was getting rather retro. Maybe they could dig out a club bar or a penguin to round things off, with panda pops for drinks...
tynmar and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Im on BA 213 LHR-BOS mid March. with my eldest son. My eldest son is dairy free. As far as I can make out the lacto free is his go to option, that said the 'mains' are offering -

Last edited by Telecasterman; Feb 28, 2019 at 6:14 am
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If your son needs a lacto free meal he needs to order a special meal (NLML).
stewaran and Telecasterman like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
Im on BA 213 LHR-BOS mid March. with my eldest son. My eldest son is diary free.
How does he ever know what he is doing each day?
Sealink, RobDBA, Palmer and 7 others like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
BA’s Y and W service on the daylight return from Tokyo is very poor but at least it’s a 77W or 789. Not uncommon to go for 7hrs without anything substantial apart from a pot noodle or fudge bar if you go to the galley. But the Japanese crews on these flights are very proactive and regularly patrol the cabin.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I agree the east coast offerings were bad however on the longer flights it is a good product which has been now upgraded for plus customers.

My east coast flights tend to be TPA- and its 9.5 hours so really should have the larger second meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.