Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I’m only half-joking ... this could attract some CW pax on a budget, releasing more seats in CW for redemptions.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:36 am

Strange! It doesn't show on my pc but does on my phone!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Feels like Club Eroupe setting, a real step up in the game. Good job BA. Look forward to the new seats on the A350 as well!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

While not strictly related to the new WT+ service, the hot breakfast (cheese omelette) i received onboard last week's LHR-HKG was distinctly better than what I have received before. Has this route moved to Do&Co?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It has, HKG is the first new route for Do&Co who I believe also now do the midhaul catering.
Steve_ZA likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Can I help you
It has, HKG is the first new route for Do&Co who I believe also now do the midhaul catering.
i wish I'd taken a photo. I honestly thought that I'd be pleased to be served the omelette in business class. Pleasing texture, very flavourful
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC
So is this new catering (WTP) supplied by Do&Co?

Is this part of the slow migration over to all catering to be supplied by Do&Co?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold
I have just booked in WTP to JFK on 9th Feb and noticed I could pre-order (which I am sure I couldn't do before), choices presented were:

Braised British beef with roast new potatoes, onion soubise, carrots and bourguignonne sauce
Roasted guinea fowl with braised red cabbage, green beans, roast potato and mustard and chive jus
Rigatoni pasta in a creamy garlic and herb sauce with leek , pumpkin and baby spinach

Looks like a very good step up imo, will have to see what other soft changes are in place
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by andrewr1985
I have just booked in WTP to JFK on 9th Feb and noticed I could pre-order (which I am sure I couldn't do before), choices presented were:

Braised British beef with roast new potatoes, onion soubise, carrots and bourguignonne sauce
Roasted guinea fowl with braised red cabbage, green beans, roast potato and mustard and chive jus
Rigatoni pasta in a creamy garlic and herb sauce with leek , pumpkin and baby spinach

Looks like a very good step up imo, will have to see what other soft changes are in place
Some of the other improvements will be the bedding.... Nice blankets and pillows apparently. I would just like to see WT+ get its own crew assigned to the cabin, like they do on VS. The service is much better when that happens.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
So is this new catering (WTP) supplied by Do&Co?

Is this part of the slow migration over to all catering to be supplied by Do&Co?
Ex LHR yes, I cannot remember who is taking over at LGW.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Newrest at LGW.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
I’m only half-joking ... this could attract some CW pax on a budget, releasing more seats in CW for redemptions.
It's actually a very astute observation in my view. I find PE to be perfectly acceptable for day flights but the two things that put me off are the poor IFE on the Mid-J aircraft, and the catering. I recently travelled LHR - LAX on BA and the flight was hell, in spite of it being on an 86J 747. One of the main issues (and one that I did complain to BA about) was the catering, especially when you compare BA's PE offering to that from BA and CX. The second meal in particular was an absolute joke.

If the reality of the PE enhancements is as good as the marketing implies they will be then I for one can definitely see myself moving back to Premium Economy and, moreover, BA for daytime flights. My next trip home is booked with AA, partly on cost but also partly because of what I perceive to be superior hard and soft products. It will be good if BA does up its game significantly to bring it back to at least par with the other OW carriers offering a PE cabin and service.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Tomato and mozzarella. Earth shattering!

sorry, couldn’t help myself.
CurbedEnthusiasm likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
Tomato and mozzarella. Earth shattering!

sorry, couldn’t help myself.
You have to wonder if the catering department is ex-Alitalia sometimes.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I am flying in First tomorrow to HKG.
Would that catering be done by Do Co too?

I wonder if I will notice a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.