Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Someone’s had a major prune, just when I was having fun.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Thanks CIHY good to hear.... tho’ some of the Gatwick overnights- from outlying Caribbean islands for example- can be 10 hours (so not really “short” and a cereal bar at breakfast in WT+ is ....... a joke.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Someone’s had a major prune, just when I was having fun.
+1 fun was to be had all around, but alas...
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Sorry gentlemen, twelve posts were removed from view. World Traveller Fuss launched this thread today, one that will inevitably draw much interest and gain traction during the weeks ahead, so any topic derailment at this early stage really isn’t helpful.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Can I help you
1st February ex London, 2nd ex outstations.
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
That's impressive based on the roll out speed for recent CW changes.
There isn’t a mention of which year! ...2023 for LGW routes
Steve_ZA and bmibaby737 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Would be nice for some improvements on the drinks front. Too much to ask for champagne to be standardly available, a la Singapore Airlines PE?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
Flew back from AUH today and it seemed there was more in the breakfast than I remembered. When I flew back from the ME last year.albeit dbx and doh I don't remember getting a muffin and yoghurt and roll and jam as well as the fruit and cooked breakfast.

Hoping there'll be a change from the soggy wrap or sandwich for the other meal on these routes though.
bmibaby737 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It certainly looks ok although Virgin has been doing this for ages. VS also offers dedicated check in, fast track etc. Norwegian dropping lounge access for Premium does BA a favour.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 17, 2019 at 1:12 am Reason: To comply with rule 7
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
It certainly looks ok although Virgin has been doing this for ages. VS also offers dedicated check in, fast track etc. Norwegian dropping lounge access for Premium does BA a favour.
What is the difference between the new WTP LGW seats and the current ones installed on the 380 and 787?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
I use WTP often to USA and Latin America. For me the biggest issues currently are the very poor IFE on some of the older machines (but this is improving as newer airframes are introduced) and the dreadful bagel they serve for breakfast on east coast USA flights - it is quite usual for the cabin crew to aplogise before they try to hand it out although nowadays I refuse. So an improvement to the second meal on overnight flights very welcome.

Have to admit that due to poor availability using Avios to holiday destinations (e.g. Orlando) for families we pay for Premium Economy and in these instances choose Virgin Atlantic due to the wider seat and guaranteed IFE.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
First meal looks the same but on a plate rather than in some peel-off container. That's about it.

Second meal is the big difference I s'pose.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Actually the china dish for the main course is about the only thing the current offing has already, take a look at the way the rest of the food is served to see the upgrade.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Six Prawns? Six Juicy Prawns? In World Traveller Plus? I'll believe it when I see it. I hope the meals served on board match the marketing
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:19 am

Sorry for my naivety but where are people seeing the photos? Can someone post a link or photos?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by redflyer24
Sorry for my naivety but where are people seeing the photos? Can someone post a link or photos?
In the original post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.