Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 747-400 v1 Premium Economy seats 12J and 12K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

BA says these seats are bulkhead, but there are 2 seats in row 11 on the chart..anyone have any insight? TH other seats in row 12 are bulkhead, but there are these 2 random seats all lone in row ll...
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

If you look at the map you will see 2 seats in row 11, J and K. These "appear" to be the bulk head seats. And are in fact, the only seats in row 11. My questions is the following: British Airways telephone agents are telling me that in Row 12, that seats J and K are Bulkhead. I think this would be impossible, based on the map. (Clearly the OTHER seats in row 12; AB, DEFG, ARE bulkhead) So I wondered if anyone had any personal, first-hand experience with these seats (12 J and K) to hear if they are or are not bulkhead, and any other details they may have about these seats (arm rests move?, foot rest working?, TV screen good/bad, etc.) - any insight is much appreciated. :-)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They are regular seats, not at the bulkhead.
nancypants and TraciBaker like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

That is what I thought.... thank you.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:44 pm
Suspended

I have travelled in this cabin a few times, but not in bulkhead seats mainly because I don’t like the IFE screen arrangement.
TraciBaker likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richardwft
I have travelled in this cabin a few times, but not in bulkhead seats mainly because I don’t like the IFE screen arrangement.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Richard - any tips or tidbits to share?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by TraciBaker
Richard - any tips or tidbits to share?
i’ve done this cabin three times over the past year. I always select 12A as there is no bassinet restriction on that seat and I find it very easy to get in & out without disturbing the person beside me. The IFE is on an arm that locks into the divider between the seats by the leg rest but I have no real issues with it. All of those planes have old IFE so bring your iPad / laptop with some downloads of you really want to catchup some movies/shows.

Pilot37
TraciBaker likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I chose 12 B coming back from Las Vegas in September in WT+ and had 12A free so I moved into it and the seat was fine for WT+.

Regards

TBS
TraciBaker likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
The PE BA seats in this 747 version are abominable, not matter what row!
TraciBaker likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
11 JK are the best seats in the cabin - secluded and lots of space. Only drawback is when there is one crew member for WTP and one catering trolley starting in the left aisle.
TraciBaker likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Pilot37
i’ve done this cabin three times over the past year. I always select 12A as there is no bassinet restriction on that seat and I find it very easy to get in & out without disturbing the person beside me. The IFE is on an arm that locks into the divider between the seats by the leg rest but I have no real issues with it. All of those planes have old IFE so bring your iPad / laptop with some downloads of you really want to catchup some movies/shows.
FWIW, I had 12A a couple of weeks ago, and although the rest of the plane was at normal temperature, it (and 12B, whose occupant complained to the crew) was uncomfortably cold. G-CIVT.
TraciBaker likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
FWIW, I had 12A a couple of weeks ago, and although the rest of the plane was at normal temperature, it (and 12B, whose occupant complained to the crew) was uncomfortably cold. G-CIVT.
12AB are always freezing tend to get colder as the flight goes on. Reasonable seat but a warm top is required.
TraciBaker likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
11JK are always colder in my opinion.
TraciBaker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.