Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family trip in F - toddler in own seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: Skyteam
I've seen infants in F in their own carseat, kudos to parents who can afford them.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by thatflyer
Ipad and peppa pig all 4 seasons. Works wonders. I don’t think mine even blinked. Though mine is 3 and the younger one is 16 months.
Were they OK with headphones on for that long as well?
roberino likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
I bought an airplane belt and trained my kids to use it by belting them to their chairs while watching TV. Anyone who made it through an episode of Blaze and the Monster Machines without taking off their belt got a sweet. The theme tune still triggers them. Pavlov’s passengers. When we boarded we had iPads loaded with Blaze and a bag of sweets.
Tiger_lily, flatlander and JayeJ like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by roberino
...Pavlov’s passengers. ...
A work of genius!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by flatlander
A work of genius!
Not so much. Created my own set up.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:32 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
There was a really good 'Travelling with Kids' thread on here not long ago, which had photos of the F bassinet seat with both options.

M
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:00 pm

Strangely enough I was just about to post asking for advice in a similar situation. I have four F redemption seats return to Toronto in July/August (using two BA AmEx 2-4-1 voichers). Our kids will be 6 and 3 when we fly.

We have flown with them in CW on the same route in the bulkhead seats as suggested above, which was ideal. We'd have preferred that this time too, but there was no redemption availability.

I'm keeping a look out for CW seats, but in the meantime does anyone have any advice as to which seats would be best to allow us to supervise/assist the kids - particularly the younger one!

Matt
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
What aircraft type Matt?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
What aircraft type Matt?
Sorry, should have said. 772 both ways at the moment.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Well since we’re all talking about it, can someone wise please tell me if I’ve chosen correctly...

LGW to Orlando. Two adults, one 4 year old and one 18 month old. Four CW seats. First time in CW with the kids.

Outbound - BA2039 - 777 (3 classes) - 1D,1E,1F,1G. But who goes where?

Inbound - BA2036 - 777 (3 classes - but looks a bit different to the one above in the seat map) - 1E, 1F, 2E, 2F

Welcome advise on the preferred seating arrangement. Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by m4tt
Sorry, should have said. 772 both ways at the moment.
4AEFK.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC
as I've travelled myself few times with out infant and then toddler twins....I would suggest to consider Club World instead of F. I know F is a nicer cabin, but considering the fact you're traveling with family, we found much more convenient to travel in CW.
The twin middle seats are fantastic to create a private little area for you and the little ones.
Besides you would save on Avios, and maybe spend them on another trip for just you and your spouse...this time in F
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you

4AEFK.
Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by ConsultanSea
Well since we’re all talking about it, can someone wise please tell me if I’ve chosen correctly...

LGW to Orlando. Two adults, one 4 year old and one 18 month old. Four CW seats. First time in CW with the kids.

Outbound - BA2039 - 777 (3 classes) - 1D,1E,1F,1G. But who goes where?

Inbound - BA2036 - 777 (3 classes - but looks a bit different to the one above in the seat map) - 1E, 1F, 2E, 2F

Welcome advise on the preferred seating arrangement. Thanks!
We preferred the rear row of the cabin (or of the smaller cabin on the 747 High J) as that's where the bassinet locations are, you get a little more space, and the kids weren't having to climb over anyone's legs.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by roberino
I bought an airplane belt and trained my kids to use it by belting them to their chairs while watching TV. Anyone who made it through an episode of Blaze and the Monster Machines without taking off their belt got a sweet. The theme tune still triggers them. Pavlov’s passengers. When we boarded we had iPads loaded with Blaze and a bag of sweets.
You are a rock star; can I travel with you and your kids?
roberino likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.