Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bronze Downgrade Shame

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
I have been there, but I was then demoted to Blue.
I survived it by not flying BA economy, only CW.
I got a proper Christmas present from BA last year when my silver card dropped through the letter box on 24th December so I don't have to worry about bronze or blue for a while.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by V10
I'm blue, and have a bunch of Avios that are in danger of expiring. In all honestly I don't miss it one little bit.

Not quite sure *what* to do with the Avios actually as I'm not wasting them on long haul Y, have no reason to fly to London and don't fancy the pain of an indirect connection via Heathrow to somewhere more interesting. First world problem, I suppose.
Case of wine ?
HIDDY and Sealink like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Have you though about joining BA?

(Bronze Anonymous) in this case
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yup, me too, mine arrived last week. Next stop, Blue next year. My work only pays for SH economy travel and BA economy is really poor now compared to a few years back. I’d rather buy a Priority Pass and travel on Norwegian, Swiss and Lufthansa based on what I experienced last year.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by V10
I'm blue, and have a bunch of Avios that are in danger of expiring. In all honestly I don't miss it one little bit.

Not quite sure *what* to do with the Avios actually as I'm not wasting them on long haul Y, have no reason to fly to London and don't fancy the pain of an indirect connection via Heathrow to somewhere more interesting. First world problem, I suppose.
Don't waste your Avios. Donate them to charity if anything
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
LOL! When I read this I felt a huge pang of sorrow for the OP... not that he had been downgraded, but that he had to fly private jets for a living! What a hardship... BAEC Bronze AND a private jet pilot. You have to feel sorry for the guy!

PS Not that I am jealous at all... having spent a lifetime trying to get to fly biz/private jets and failing miserably I have to admit to a tinge of green this side of the computer screen.
FrogTastic likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
LOL! When I read this I felt a huge pang of sorrow for the OP... not that he had been downgraded, but that he had to fly private jets for a living! What a hardship... BAEC Bronze AND a private jet pilot. You have to feel sorry for the guy!

PS Not that I am jealous at all... having spent a lifetime trying to get to fly biz/private jets and failing miserably I have to admit to a tinge of green this side of the computer screen.
BingBongBoy isn't a pilot, is ex BA cabin crew as well as being much much younger and I hear, better looking than @Can I help you and @PUCCI GALORE and previously a prolific poster on the BA Board with lots of helpful posts as well as some fine Trip Reports.

I have to say it would be really good if he were to frequent these parts again, I liked his posting style
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
BingBongBoy isn't a pilot, is ex BA cabin crew as well as being much much younger and I hear, better looking than @Can I help you and @PUCCI GALORE and previously a prolific poster on the BA Board with lots of helpful posts as well as some fine Trip Reports.

I have to say it would be really good if he were to frequent these parts again, I liked his posting style
Sorry... simple misunderstood when he said he was on an empty ferry flight.

Of course, my post was just having a bit of a joke... Sorry. I hope he (or anyone else) was not offended

Joking aside... I am just coming up to the end of my first period of Silver status and I would feel very disappointed if I were to have to drop back to Bronze. You get used to the lounges, priority boarding etc. I hope he can find a way to get Silver back asap.
Sealink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.