Search

Bronze Downgrade Shame

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Bronze Downgrade Shame

For the first time in, gosh, 8 or 9 years I think... I am no longer Silver...

The "bad news" landed on the mat this morning and it was, in all honestly, a little depressing...

I might have to even be completely and utterly stupid beyond belief and consider getting back into the TP Run game again... Despite still flying for a living.

Tell me I am crazy!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Oh BBB... I can't believe this has happened to you of all people Good to have you gracing our forum again, even if in difficult circumstances. My thoughts are with you!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Oh BBB... I can't believe this has happened to you of all people Good to have you gracing our forum again, even if in difficult circumstances. My thoughts are with you!

Oh, I know... It is such a sad and awful time... I just can't get over it.

I am just, well, confused at this odd colour card that was in the envelope...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I think the answer to your issue is in your signature
mike&co likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I think the answer to your issue is in your signature
Gosh I know... At the end of my last duty I did 16 hours of ferry flight time... It was such a hardship but hey, someone has to fly half way around the world in an empty private jet don’t they?

Its the getting to and from the jet which now becomes a “problem”...

Whats a BingBongBoy to do
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

Whats a BingBongBoy to do
I'm sure BBB can think of something It's a shame that most of your groupies are probably asleep in the UK at the moment.. I reckon they will provide some inspiration in the morning

PS. I have just looked up what a ferry flight is. I thought it might have been flying with Bryan Ferry, which I'd love to do one day!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:15 pm

You are so brave to post about the spiral downwards. There are so many posts on here about the ‘upward journey’. Thank you for speaking out.

My nightmare is to phone the Gold Line and they say, ‘Sorry, you are no longer Gold, goodbye’.

There must be a helpline number.

��
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Just qualified for Gold again, but really, I'm over it. There are more things in this life to enjoy. I'm sure I'll miss free seat selection, First wing etc. but... It's not really that important in the big picture.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
A few months ago I found out a friend had drifted so low that he is now a mere blue but I haven’t shunned him or anything like that.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
For the first time in, gosh, 8 or 9 years I think... I am no longer Silver...

The "bad news" landed on the mat this morning and it was, in all honestly, a little depressing...

I might have to even be completely and utterly stupid beyond belief and consider getting back into the TP Run game again... Despite still flying for a living.

Tell me I am crazy!
Use this opportunity as a purifying fire! Let go of British Airways and try some different airlines. Instead of aiming for silver or even gold, you may find yourself aiming for blue
Sealink, nancypants and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Sealink
Just qualified for Gold again, but really, I'm over it. There are more things in this life to enjoy. I'm sure I'll miss free seat selection, First wing etc. but... It's not really that important in the big picture.
This! Any status I achieved was through self-funded TP runs. When I realised that each time I went through the first wing and into GF it cost me roughly £1000, a reassessment was in order. Those facilities are of course nice, but £1000 a go nice?! I now put that £ towards long haul holidays with him indoors - using J on other airlines - which come with free seat selection, nice lounges etc. anyway.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Shouldn't your profile come with a warning on it now......?
kosy91 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I reckon when I lose Gold I'll crash down the ranks in consecutive years ending up at Blue and never flying again choosing to forfeit my Avios, donning baggy trousers and and headband and travelling across Europe in a camper van. Would probably be more comfortable than CE....
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:51 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I'm blue, and have a bunch of Avios that are in danger of expiring. In all honestly I don't miss it one little bit.

Not quite sure *what* to do with the Avios actually as I'm not wasting them on long haul Y, have no reason to fly to London and don't fancy the pain of an indirect connection via Heathrow to somewhere more interesting. First world problem, I suppose.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I believe the card you received is more modernly referred to as “brown”. This is appropriate to its value when travelling on OW airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.