ACARS down causing delays

Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
ACARS down causing delays [systemwide delays? 14th Jan]

Sitting on board KRK to LHR and told ACARS system down globally so cannot get loads and balances from head office. Apparently doing this manually the old fashioned way now but wonder how much of a systemwide delay it may cause.

Last edited by TTmex; Jan 14, 2019 at 9:59 am
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
There is system wide issues I believe- they are struggling to print boarding passes at LHR atm, long queue for first check in, difficulty getting people through security, (thankfully I used app, HBO and bypassed the queue).
TTmex likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
BA.com been down for a while

Try again later !
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Just noted BA website down. Sounds like it could be quite a problem and quite a wait. Fingers crossed they opt for some early drinks in CE if we don't get away soon.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
So it's not ACARS that is down (the system that transmits the data between BA and the aircraft) but rather BA's own systems which produce that data and everything that goes with it. So presumably all of FLY as usual.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
The front page of BA.com is not working ("cannot connect to your account") but the regular account pages and the app are fine.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
Will this impact IB as well?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
FLY certainly, Amadeus possibly, went down around 16:30 today but was a fairly brief outage, it's now up and fully working.

It shouldn't have affected Iberia, they are neither on FLY nor Amadeus.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Airprox
So it's not ACARS that is down (the system that transmits the data between BA and the aircraft) but rather BA's own systems which produce that data and everything that goes with it. So presumably all of FLY as usual.
That would be Amadeus these days, rather than BA.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
BA.com has reverted to the old version and is recommending me Christmas market holidays. Nice to see they have sorted the IT in 2019.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

ACARS is what the captain mentioned. We arrived now but over an hour late
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
ba.com is also trying to sell me Christmas market flights again too. Perhaps they mean Christmas 2019.

Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
FLY certainly, Amadeus possibly, went down around 16:30 today but was a fairly brief outage, it's now up and fully working.

It shouldn't have affected Iberia, they are neither on FLY nor Amadeus.
IB is not on Amadeus any more?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Iberia's departure control system is not on Amadeus, though the reservation system is (to an extent).
Calchas likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
BA.com has reverted to the old version and is recommending me Christmas market holidays. Nice to see they have sorted the IT in 2019.
Yes, and the website on the old version made my booking this evening twice as fast. Older is better in this case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.