Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BAEC number and earnings on minus balance IB booking

Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Hi all,

Need advice if you please

I took part in the Iberia 90k Avios promotion and now my IB account shows -26k Avios - obviously I half expected this but the annoying thing is Ive found a super cheap offer in biz for going away with my stepson during Easter to bcn.

I need 90 points plus to retain silver so am booking this because it stops in Madrid and the return will net me 120tp I believe.

I want to check things before I book my flight.
1. How do I get these flights to credit the TPs to my BAEC account? Is there a way of entering my BAEC number instead of my IB one when booking on the IB website (IB is the only site offering the fare)

2. Should I avoid at all costs from logging my IB number when I book as I assume I will lose the Avios to my negative balance (not that I care as I just want the TPs!

3. If I can somehow only link my BAEC number will I get the Avios aswell?

4. Will I get all my Silver benefits on both legs outbound and in? (Mad to bcn is IBX)

How would you guys play this booking?

thanks
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's yes to all 4 questions, just enter your BAEC number into the Iberia website at the booking stage. Very few things in life are guaranteed so I wouldn't want to give the impression that you would be "safe" by sticking to BAEC but at least until the centralisation of Avios it should work.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks CWS

I cant see where to enter the BAEC number on Iberias site though? It gives an option at the pricing page to login an IB number. Can the BAEC number be added after the booking process has been completed?

Sorry for for being a numpty!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SuitedandBooted
I cant see where to enter the BAEC number on Iberias site though? It gives an option at the pricing page to login an IB number. Can the BAEC number be added after the booking process has been completed?

Sorry for for being a numpty!
Grumble grumble, this should be in the Iberia forum really, grumble grumble....

But actually yes it is a bit confusing, you have to go past the very first screen which asks for the Iberia number, so continuing as if you had no frequent flyer cards, and then the next screen has this.

However note that the relevant boxes shown above only display if you click "Has an Iberia Plus card or another loyalty card". The whole thing could be handled better than this really.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Makes sense

grumble noted lol, just didnt want to start another unnecessary thread.

thanks again CWS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.