Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1A/K still blocked to silver at T-72

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:26 am
Original Poster

An update to this.

Just tried the silver line - The representative there also did not have the seats open to him to book although he could see them available. He also confirmed its normal policy to open up these seats at T-72 so he wasn't sure why they weren't showing available.

Net of it is that he's sent off a request for the seats to be made available to the seating team and will take it from there. Not the end of the world if not, I just found it interesting that policy appears to have changed.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
I'm sure this has been clarified before, but can't trace it at the moment. Is row one blocked for gold on a three class (no F) flight. We have been placed in 1A and 1B as silver on a 788 to DUR, and wodering if I should swap or exect a bump. As a mere silver, with a blue companion, on a redemption, I am frankly pleased to be in a pair, let alone row 1.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Chris1988
Hi All

I'm on the BA285 to SFO next Wednesday with my partner in F. I'm a silver (she isn't) and I had assumed that at T-72 I would have been able to pick 1A and K as they are currently free.

The clock as ticked past and they are still showing as grey in the select my seat section and expert flyer shows them as not blocked but "premium only"

Has there been a recent policy change?

Chris
In my experience now at 72 hours bulkheads/row1 remain blocked.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:33 am

Data point for CE - I was able to select Row 1 as a Bronze member at T-74 last week. Was showing as blocked prior to this. Row 1 was entirely available to my party at T-74.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by umgowah
I'm sure this has been clarified before, but can't trace it at the moment. Is row one blocked for gold on a three class (no F) flight. We have been placed in 1A and 1B as silver on a 788 to DUR, and wodering if I should swap or exect a bump. As a mere silver, with a blue companion, on a redemption, I am frankly pleased to be in a pair, let alone row 1.
Exactly the same for me, albeit companion is also Silver. I'm leaving us in 1A/1B
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Anonba

In my experience now at 72 hours bulkheads/row1 remain blocked.
Is this only regarding longhaul Anonba? Looking at the posts so far, it appears to affect longhaul flights only, and I'm also wondering if there has actually been a change of policy here.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Is this only regarding longhaul Anonba? Looking at the posts so far, it appears to affect longhaul flights only, and I'm also wondering if there has actually been a change of policy here.
I have the same problem with a domestic for Wednesday so it looks as though it isn't restricted to long haul.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:23 am

So t-24 came and olci opened but row 1 was still unavailable. I called YF who sorted it and I'm now in row 1 but cannot check in online, so I assume I'm going to get special attention when I get to LHR tomorrow...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
At 72 hours the seats will probably be available to golds/silvers potentially but not for blue bronze or no status.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:12 pm

I'm silver so was expecting minimal preferential treatment re row 1 @ t-72 but alas nothing. Anyhow all sorted now, just funny how I couldn't do it via olci but YF agent could.

I'm now checked in via olci so am now sorted.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Skywards
I had the same problem as Silver in F JNB to LHR in December. Expertflyer showing 1K available but blocked on BA App at ~T-24. Called YouFirst and they sorted it.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
I've noticed at T-72 1A and 1K on my flight changed on expertflyer from "Blocked" to "Premium Only". I believe this might be a change(?), on previous flights i've observed it change from "Blocked" to "Available"
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Originally Posted by Anonba

At 72 hours the seats will probably be available to golds/silvers potentially but not for blue bronze or no status.
They were available to blue me at ~ T-72 in September.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
This is becoming a pita - I think I will not bother going for Silver again as I am going to end up in a terrible CE seat every time. Shame but it could well be back to LCC's for me.

What is advertised is not always delivered and it's not an experience I can afford on my knees
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:47 pm

What is so important about row 1 on longhaul?

Row 1 on shorthaul I understand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.