Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA31 LHR-HKG in CW, which lounge??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:31 am
Original Poster

BA31 LHR-HKG in CW, which lounge??

We will be flying back to HK soon and just wondering which BA lounge to use? I assume the flight will go from B or C, the closest lounge is T5B, but a lot of reviews say it’s not as good as the North and South lounge. Also, I would like to use the Elemis Spa if available, some people said the spa at T5B do always open?!

We will travelling with our little boy, so lounge hopping wouldn’t be ideal. Thanks.

Ps. I am still about annoyed BA swapped our A380s to B77W!!!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by rontse
the closest lounge is T5B, but a lot of reviews say it’s not as good as the North and South lounge.
Where? Everyone raves about t5b, and rightly so. The South lounge is ok. I'm there right now and it's not too busy. When it is it's horrible. North is ok if you're short of time.

I'd be at t5b if I wasn't departing from an a gate.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
+1 from me on T5B lounge. Rarely gets that busy and you are much more likely to be able to get a spa treatment there than in A.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
Any bad reviews of T5B can only be from people who want to keep it quiet for themselves. I agree, it's rubbish....
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ppp909
Where? Everyone raves about t5b, and rightly so. The South lounge is ok. I'm there right now and it's not too busy. When it is it's horrible. North is ok if you're short of time.

I'd be at t5b if I wasn't departing from an a gate.
Youre right, just did a quick search, the comments are rather positive! I must have dreamt it or heard it from someone! Lol. Now that makes it an easy choice for us then. Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Btw at HKG The Pier lounge is great, well worth the walk.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richardwft
Btw at HKG The Pier lounge is great, well worth the walk.
We are flying to japan after CNY in HK on Cathay, we will check it out then. I am looking forward to their noodles bar.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Whenever I have the time, I enjoy a stroll to T5b lounge even when flying from satellite A, it is my lounge of choice until I hit Gold.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by IntVic
Whenever I have the time, I enjoy a stroll to T5b lounge even when flying from satellite A, it is my lounge of choice until I hit Gold.
Seemingly the choice of a fair number of current Golds too (but whisper that quietly)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by IntVic
Last time I used the lounge at T5B when flying from T5A the lounge agent seemed very confused. At first she told me I wasn't allowed to use the lounge but, after checking, let me in. She told me that I was the first person she had ever known to be using the lounge while flying from the A gates.

Sometimes the T5B lounge is even more inviting than the First lounge, which is becoming a bit of a rowdy zoo.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Yes the T5B Lounge is a disaster. Every time I'll fly out from B or C gates I stay intentionally at 5A North or even better, use my Priority Pass card for their lounge (due to the great bar, champagne selection and especially quietness).

D
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The only caveat using the B lounge is that you should know how to get back to T5A should it arise that you have an A gate or are bussed from A10 - it's unlikely for a HKG flight but it could happen. There is a guide linked to in the dashboard, but basically do not use the transit otherwise you will end up in the arrivals stream.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Does BA27 to HKG, which google shows as leaving from the C gates. How do the B gates compare to the A gates for distance to C? should I bother?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Yes the T5B Lounge is a disaster. Every time I'll fly out from B or C gates I stay intentionally at 5A North .......

D
Liar, liar, pants on fire!....

(20 seconds of reflection later) forgive me you are telling the truth T5B is a disaster and additionally you are only allowed to use it if flying from B or C Satellites and even then you can only enter 60 minutes before departure time due to the constant over crowding!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aceman
Does BA27 to HKG, which google shows as leaving from the C gates. How do the B gates compare to the A gates for distance to C? should I bother?
Not sure I get the question. Basically it is in a row A - B - C so B is in between A and C. It is not separate piers. Simply get off the train at B gates then when announced get back on the same train for B going to C.

Other choice is to walk, there is a great guide here on how to do it. Just take the elevator to the lowest level. I have done the walk with my two boys since they were five. Something different and fun and gets some exercise in us.

(As was posted you will need to know the walking route back in case you are from A10, very unlikely but be prepared as you cannot take the train back). You will get plenty of notice, just watch the boards.

Ignore all the signs on the boards when A gates to wait. Just go straight to B to enjoy a good lounge. You can also order champagne from the staff if that is your preference. Spa I think has less of a queue as well.

KF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.