FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   oops. booked the same trip twice! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1950492-oops-booked-same-trip-twice.html)

Seachain Jan 11, 2019 12:35 pm

oops. booked the same trip twice!

I booked Edi-lon-edi in club Europe for a trip in june for two on 30th November for £416. forgot I did it and did the same club Europe trip booked on 20th Dec for £423 and with the return 1 day different. just realised this afternoon..... and so the fun starts!

opt 1: cancel and get only £134 back.
opt 2: rebook 1st one for another weekend... £350 change fees. won't allow me to switch to anything other than a higher business ticket.

surely there's another option.... just can't think of it! any quick fixes I've not thought of?

The _Banking_Scot Jan 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Seachain (Post 30642202)
I booked Edi-lon-edi in club Europe for a trip in june for two on 30th November for £416. forgot I did it and did the same club Europe trip booked on 20th Dec for £423 and with the return 1 day different. just realised this afternoon..... and so the fun starts!

opt 1: cancel and get only £134 back.
opt 2: rebook 1st one for another weekend... £350 change fees. won't allow me to switch to anything other than a higher business ticket.

surely there's another option.... just can't think of it! any quick fixes I've not thought of?

Hi,

You can phone up within 24hrs of a booking and get a full refund ( you need to call as you cannot do it online)

Regards

TBS

PS- Ah Sorry I just saw that the bookings were made some time ago-sorry!

corporate-wage-slave Jan 11, 2019 12:40 pm

I guess you could hold on and see if there is a small time change since the e-ticket, that would allow a free rebook. If the flight gets cancelled or delayed by more than 5 hours then you can have a full refund.

Flights otherwise need to be cancelled within 24 hours of purchase for a full refund. You don't need to call up, the online functionality was switched on a few months back that if you cancel under the 24 hour mark the refund should compute on screen and show the full refund amount.

deeruck Jan 11, 2019 1:04 pm

Does BA not auto-cancel illogical bookings? I can see that they may regard a different return date on the second booking as an attempt to circumvent change fees (even if it was not), but I still would have though they'd cancel one.

Seachain Jan 11, 2019 1:08 pm

All sorted! I love BA this moment!!!

I phoned up and explained what i'd done. they have a special "we have an idiot on line" procedure for bookings such as i'd made and it was obvious to them that the same people on the same day on the same flight was a genuine mistake and so I will be refunded. That is really a huge genuine relief and I 'd like to extend a heart felt thank you for common sense prevailing at BA's end and giving this lump a break!

golfmad Jan 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Seachain (Post 30642332)

I phoned up and explained what i'd done. they have a special "we have an idiot on line" procedure for bookings such as i'd made and it was obvious to them that the same people on the same day on the same flight was a genuine mistake and so I will be refunded. That is really a huge genuine relief and I 'd like to extend a heart felt thank you for common sense prevailing at BA's end and giving this lump a break!

Excellent. Common sense prevails. Well done BA.

Tafflyer Jan 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Seachain (Post 30642332)

I must admit to being rather surprised, although this is really how it should be. Congratulations to you and kudos to BA.

Sealink Jan 11, 2019 1:24 pm

I blame Alex Cruz

armouredant Jan 12, 2019 12:51 am

In future, I'd recommend you use a tool like TripIt (and sync its calendar with whatever calendar software you use) to prevent this happening again.

LCY8737 Jan 12, 2019 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer (Post 30642362)

I must admit to being rather surprised, although this is really how it should be. Congratulations to you and kudos to BA.

Surely the "error fare" line of argument works both ways, so if it is an obvious error, then cancellation should always be free.

nancypants Jan 12, 2019 1:51 am

I had this with LATAM once. Was using kayak to record my trips but for some reason the return didn’t show up so I assumed i’d booked a one way. Business had quadrupled in price so I did a flexible economy ticket with a plan to use an upgrade certificate

i checked in online for the economy one but then when I dropped my bag the desk lady checked me in for the business ticket (so was checked in twice)

got paged at the gate and they wanted me to use the economy ticket not the business as I checked into that one first?! Not happy! And zero refund of anything. Suppose you have to eff these things up from time to time to keep yourself on your toes though 😉

Tobias-UK Jan 12, 2019 2:59 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 30644365)

Surely the "error fare" line of argument works both ways, so if it is an obvious error, then cancellation should always be free.

No.

LCY8737 Jan 12, 2019 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 30644566)

No.

:D