Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA0185 cancellation 10 Jan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: Costa Coffee
Originally Posted by Fontana
Looks as though its bringing the pax back to LHR.
Yes, but it left as a B777-200 and returns as an A320!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:38 pm

I know these things happen but I have to admit I would be pretty p*ssed if I ended up back at LHR after midnight on a narrowbody 14hrs after I left, still facing a 7hr flight the next day. Must have been some severe constraints in the operation that they couldn't launch another widebody to continue the flight or find hotels for the passengers in Iceland until a continuing flight could be arranged today

Another option would have been to offload enough passengers from the later BA189 to have space for those that couldn't be accommodated on Icelandair and operate that as a LHR-KEF-EWR to collect the passengers

Wonder how many passengers just bought their own tickets on WOW or Icelandair
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looks like G-ZZZB is returning to LHR as BA9173; currently over Southern Scotland

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.