Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to BA Holiday

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Changes to BA Holiday

Hi, Booked a family holiday to Mexico in the summer via BA Holidays (I've only paid the £750 deposit so far). There have recently been very poor reviews of the hotel we're booked in to, does anyone have experience of any flexibility within BA holiday for keeping flights but changing hotel? I'm pretty sure what the answer is going to be but wanted to test collective experience before I pick the phone up. Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
In my experience it seems to depend on the underlying conditions of the hotel booking itself - often when I look at hotels the same room can be had at different prices, with a cheaper prices noted as not refundable or changeable.

In the past I have managed to change both car hire and hotel details (changing the vehicle, or the hotel in one case) with the total balance being recalculated and an admin fee of £25 due - so I think it really depends on the conditions of the hotel booking within the holiday, rather than the holiday as whole and normally the BA holidays team can tell you straight away on the phone.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
I agree with lewincg - in my (fairly limited) experience, a change to a holiday booking has resulted in a cancellation and reprice of the hotel, but that would depend on the conditions on your booking, which the telephone team will tell you right away.
It would be a good idea to prices up your preferred hotel separately before you call up - it might be better value to keep your original booking and just head towards your chosen hotel, rather than accept the new price for the changed booking.

(The telephone staff at BA holidays have always been super-helpful and efficient - no need to put off calling them like you might be tempted to with *ahem* other companies/teams.)
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ Skywards Gold/Hilton Diamond
I had to change a hotel last Sept for this summer. To cut a long story short found a fantastic deal on BA Hols in Sept sale going out CW with wife/son to PUJ. The hotel we were booked into announced changed ownership the following week and as a result announced a major renovation program to shareholders,which was in public domain. As a result I contacted BA Hols and at first they were adamant no changes could be made until they had been told by the hotel chain that we would face disruption. However as this was during sale period I wanted to secure another hotel quickly without losing the flights and after some (he who shouts loudest) emails to senior people higher up the BA food chain, I got a call back from BA Hols, hotel changed without fees,price difference refunded and private transfers organised and paid for a goodwill gesture, for me pointing out the problems with the particular hotel, that was then withdrawn from sale.
Beergander likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Probably worth a call I’d say. I changed a rental car on a BA holiday booking last week. No problem to do so, although there was £25 fee. Bonus was than on reprice I saved another £48 over and above the change fee.��
Beergander likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.