Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on UK to New Zealand Flat Bed Flights

Thoughts on UK to New Zealand Flat Bed Flights

Old Jan 9, 19, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I actually think the 7 hours would work in your favour, as UK-Canada is a long afternoon, then it's a quick change in YVR, and can be heads down on the NZ flight and get a good sleep on the long haul. You'll be ready for sleep when you arrive in YVR. The connection times probably don't work to do BA on the LHR-YVR segment though, depends on the time of year.
Old Jan 9, 19, 8:53 pm

Have you tried Cathay?
Old Jan 10, 19, 7:18 am
Original Poster

I haven't but will have a look at this option and others, shame I cannot get within 4/5 hours of NZ on BA on a flat bed and then just make do with a standard seat for the remainder.
Old Jan 10, 19, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Richardc77 View Post
I haven't but will have a look at this option and others, shame I cannot get within 4/5 hours of NZ on BA on a flat bed and then just make do with a standard seat for the remainder.
I don't understand why you can't? In my experience it's really not that difficult to get seats at midnight -355. When you did your dummy runs, did you see nothing at all or you saw the seats but then they disappeared very shortly after? I suppose if you were looking in the past week or so that would be the hardest time since it would be for end December so absolute peak demand for Christmas. Feb/March should be easier.
Old Jan 10, 19, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
I don't understand why you can't? In my experience it's really not that difficult to get seats at midnight -355. When you did your dummy runs, did you see nothing at all or you saw the seats but then they disappeared very shortly after? I suppose if you were looking in the past week or so that would be the hardest time since it would be for end December so absolute peak demand for Christmas. Feb/March should be easier.

I'll keep looking, that's a good point it may be worse due to Christmas 2019...and yes when I look no seats at 00.00.

I will keep the eye out for them as we would stay in Sydney for a few days so the plane change isn't a big deal for us.