Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR J vs BA F & BA J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by LCY8737

They seem to be doing more than ok with being non-competitive. Assuming your user name means you travel SQ a fair bit - we can probably agree quickly that the SQ product is better in almost all aspects. Yet BA fares between LHR and SIN tend to be higher than SQ.

BA has found that sweet spot where they have a very attractive FFP, charge outrageous amount for direct London services, and does low fares to fill up the rest of their planes using connecting services from places like AMS.
I wanted to change my username as I barely fly SQ any more. It should probably be BA sufferer

I meant not competitive from the user experience rather and a business standpoint. I agree that they are doing pretty well with their current set up so I guess why change?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I'm no fan of BA's current Club offering but it is perhaps a little unfair to compare a product which is well overdue for replacement (and then some) with QR's new state-of-the-art suites. For sure, there is a cavernous difference in virtually every aspect but I'm hoping BA pick up that challenge and surprise us all.
The comparison I made was between the Qsuite and BA's F, not J. There really is no point in comparing the two J products.
With regards to your hope that they'll surprise us in future, they've had a good track record of doing so in the past. They've pioneered a number of innovations in their service offerings (am I correct in thinking they were the first to offer flat beds?). I hope they bring forward further such game changes in future.

** just read a post from Speedbird1994 on Business Traveller which appears to kill the hope for innovation: "Originally, BA was planning a revised form of its current ying/yang configuration in New Club World (codenamed Vector), possibly hence the plethora of patents that appeared a few years back. Cruz apparently felt these weren’t radical enough, hence a whole new product is coming to the A350s, but BA apparently hasn’t had chance to design a bespoke product from scratch, hence New Club World will be an off-the-shelf product, modified with a ‘BA touch’."

Last edited by Yeoman5; Jan 9, 2019 at 11:57 pm Reason: adding extra info
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Yeoman5
The comparison I made was between the Qsuite and BA's F, not J. There really is no point in comparing the two J products.
With regards to your hope that they'll surprise us in future, they've had a good track record of doing so in the past. They've pioneered a number of innovations in their service offerings (am I correct in thinking they were the first to offer flat beds?). I hope they bring forward further such game changes in future.
I intended no critcism and had no particular post in mind when I made my comment and, while I am hopeful, I’m not that optimistic.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Yeoman5

** just read a post from Speedbird1994 on Business Traveller which appears to kill the hope for innovation: "Originally, BA was planning a revised form of its current ying/yang configuration in New Club World (codenamed Vector), possibly hence the plethora of patents that appeared a few years back. Cruz apparently felt these weren’t radical enough, hence a whole new product is coming to the A350s, but BA apparently hasn’t had chance to design a bespoke product from scratch, hence New Club World will be an off-the-shelf product, modified with a ‘BA touch’."
All this has been extensively discussed in the New Club World thread: New Club World (Genuinely something new)
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by brunos
That is not correct.
The only plane where you can compare is the 77W.
BA fits 14 F seats in the front section (between the two doors). But in that same space (between two doors), BA also fits a galley section after the first door, and two toilets and a big galley section before the second door, plus some closets.
QR fits 20 Qsuites (not 24) but use much less of the space for galley/toilets/closet. Qsuites on 777 have feet under some part of the seat in front, which yields more space than on the old BA 777 F seat. But the foot part is significantly wider than on BA 777 F. Agreed that it is not as spacious on QR A350.
And if you don't like the door, you can simply leave it open.
And complaining about a fixed screen which is huge and great quality (as opposed to the tiny movable BA screen) seems odd to me.
BA A380 F suite offer considerably more space and I like it. But the middle console is really unpleasant.

I find also a it amusing that you never flew Qsuite but venture comments on it.
You will note I simply commented on the number of seats in a set space and the fact there was a foot coffin, simple facts, not opinion.

And talking of facts, are you sure you’ve flown in that front cabin as there are 6 rows of 4 seats and last time I looked 6x4 was 24!

even accounting for the F toilets, unless The Q suite is smaller than a BA toilet, it’s clear the floor space it takes up is significantly lower than the BA seat.

Then there’s also the point of there being 24 seats in the section. BA gets grief for having 14 and it being too many for F. Now QR has 24 and the 18 in the section behind but suddenly this is comparable with BA F?!🤔

Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
I've done 3 Qsuites flights recently, and found the space ample and private, with excellent service.

Next week I'm flying to CPT in 1A and while I'm hoping for is

1. A great crew, as they always make the BA experience
2. A clean plane
3. The New IFE

What I expect, unfortunately, based on recent experiences with BA

1. An indifferent crew, some good, some bad
2. A plane that doesn't look dirty
3. The old IFE with its fuzzy picture, and needing repeated reboots to try and get someone else's screen working

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.