Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How to change the FFP points are credited to post flight.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.

Bit of a nightmare ahead of me.

An overly helpful Cathay Pacific check-in agent added my Qatar Privelege number to the remaining flights on my booking, presumably when he saw my old Qatar tag on one of my four bags, whereas I intended to retroactively claim / credit the TPs & Avios to my BAEC account.

QMiles & QPoints have been added to my Qatar account (which are of no use to me anymore).

How on earth can I get this reversed and then the TPs and Avios credited to BAEC ?

Yes, I should have put my BAEC details onto each of the flight segments during the flight booking but for some really ridiculous reason 'the system' wasn't copying the details between all my flight segments.
So I had added my BAEC details to the first flight in the itinerary (also on Cathay) and it didn't proliferate across the other flights (all Cathay) and I was in a rush and decided I'd add it at a later date or claim them post-flights.
(BAEC TPs & Avios has posted correctly for the first segment).
I was also booking for both my parents so it would have been a lot of data entry across all the segments and three passengers. Theirs isn't a problem because no points have been awarded anywhere other than to their BAEC accounts for the first segment so I can just claim for their other segments easily.

So yes - I could have avoided the problem (which is no help to me now) but I wouldn't have expected a check-in agent to do such a thing especially without bloody telling me he had.

So.....anyone know how I should try to get this sorted out.

Do I call Cathay, Qatar or BA in the first instance ?
As it involves Qatar my hopes are not high at all that I'll be able to get it sorted.

Would love to post this in the Cathay and Qatar forums too but know I'd be moaned at for duplicate posts :-(

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Jan 7, 2019 at 2:29 pm
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You have to call QR and ask them to reverse the transaction and then use the mission avios partner claim form on the BA website to retro claim.

You are totally in the hands of QR on this. BA won't get involved.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
You have to call QR and ask them to reverse the transaction and then use the mission avios partner claim form on the BA website to retro claim.

You are totally in the hands of QR on this. BA won't get involved.
Cheers.
I was terrified that would be the answer.
Qatar have always been dreadful at customer service (except on premium cabins in-flight) and I recall they recently dramatically reduced the amount of staff and contact methods for customer service.

Nightmare.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: british airways
Similar issue

Similar issue for me ... work have my MPC/Asia miles and BAEC but they’ve used my MPC/AM for 2 lots of CP flights I took in November and as a result I’ve had the points and miles credited to AM/MPC. Only realised over Xmas when the MPC Silver came through... checked BAEC and realised the mistake

I have both (live in HK with CP Amex) but I was rather hoping to stick with BAEC for status as I think the program/benefits are better and I get back to the U.K. enough to fulfil the 4 flights requirement - so I now need to see if I can get them to recognise the 360 TPs which have inadvertently gone to MPC...

Do I start with CP by the logic above? Or as I’m only concerned about TPs, is it worth trying BAEC? Currently silver and hoping to maintain - Oct to Oct collection year so this would set me off on a good footing and only needing one more LH J round trip.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Honestly I wouldn’t even bother: even if you got QR to cancel the points, when you retro claim, BAEC will ask for bps which will show your qr number, you’ll have to explain, once they believe you and process the claim they’ll contact cx which in all likelihood will see that they already paid qr for this etc. In short this is largely hopeless imho.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: british airways
Got it sorted

Got this sorted - called BAEC first and they sent me to CX but said CX should give me confirmation that they’ve removed them then BAEC would credit them. Called CX and got a ‘computer says no’ so escalated. It wasn’t easy but several phone calls later it’s getting sorted. I asked them to send me the confirmation but they instead took my details and said they would speak to BAEC - expecting them to be in the right place within a fortnight....
Sisyphus1carus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.