FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Thimbleful of champagne on departure (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1949707-thimbleful-champagne-departure.html)

AndrewC Jan 7, 2019 12:41 pm

Thimbleful of champagne on departure

Sitting on the ground at LHR waiting for pushback to Doha. The crew came round with a tray of champagne and water. I asked for champagne but was given a glass less way than an inch full of champagne (see pic in the comments below).

Is is this a new cost cutting tactic or is it a reflection of the fact we’re on our way to the Middle East?

navylad Jan 7, 2019 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewC (Post 30623393)
sitting on the ground at LHR waiting for pushback to Doha. The crew came round with a tray of champagne and water. I asked for champagne but was given a glass less way than an inch full of champagne (see pic, if my upload worked).

Is is this a new cost cutting tactic or is it a reflection of the fact we’re on our way to the Middle East?

unfortuantely, no picture attached.

AndrewC Jan 7, 2019 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewC (Post 30623393)
sitting on the ground at LHR waiting for pushback to Doha. The crew came round with a tray of champagne and water. I asked for champagne but was given a glass less way than an inch full of champagne (see pic, if my upload worked).

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d70e55670.jpeg

subject2load Jan 7, 2019 12:47 pm

That’s actually quite funny ! :D

Nothing to do with the destination, rest assured. They will happily give you gallons of the stuff at the Al Mourjan or Al Safwa lounges in DOH.

Brisbane Road Jan 7, 2019 12:49 pm

Haha, that's peak BA

AndrewC Jan 7, 2019 12:49 pm

Really very strange. Don’t know why they bothered.

TheOldMan Jan 7, 2019 12:50 pm

That is pretty poor. Perhaps it was the end of a bottle and they didn't want to open another.

AndrewC Jan 7, 2019 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by TheOldMan (Post 30623442)
That is pretty poor. Perhaps it was the end of a bottle and they didn't want to open another.

No the whole tray was full of equally stingy glasses. When I saw the tray I initially assumed they were glasses that had already been drunk by other pax, but no they were handing them out!

flyingmonkie Jan 7, 2019 12:52 pm

I had similar on the BA16 on Sunday night. I assumed it was because they had used too much on the first leg and weren't restocked in SIN... Maybe it's now policy though!

florens Jan 7, 2019 12:53 pm

If this were to happen to me I‘d certainly complain. I mean, really?

subject2load Jan 7, 2019 12:54 pm

You don’t say whether you’re in CW or F .... but either way, we really need to get that photo onto the BA website :cool:
It would convey just the right image (literally and figuratively)

milkyway88 Jan 7, 2019 12:55 pm

That looks very well enhanced. One more reason to Fly BA in 2019.

Is it just me that doesn't really like these new glasses? Feels like I'm being served a soft fizzy drink opposed to champagne.

florens Jan 7, 2019 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 30623467)
You don’t say whether you’re in CW or F .... but either way, we really need to get that photo onto the BA website :cool:
It would convey just the right image (literally and figuratively)

This looks like a CW seat to me.

subject2load Jan 7, 2019 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewC (Post 30623453)

When I saw the tray I initially assumed they were glasses that had already been drunk by other pax, but no they were handing them out!

Entries for post-of-the-week-award are now closed.

milkyway88 Jan 7, 2019 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by florens (Post 30623477)

This looks like a CW seat to me.

That and the menu + safety card says Club World.