Wiki Posts
Search

Safe connection time for an ex EU

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by babats
I'm confused - is this all on a single ticket? If so then surely there's nothing to worry about with a missed connection in AMS - BA will reschedule you on later flights.
Sorry for any confusion. I am in JNB but need to get home to London before returning here next week. I'm doing an ex EU in reverse - JNB-LHR-AMS-LHR-JNB is about 40% cheaper than JNB-LHR-JNB. Outbound JNB-LHR-AMS is this week, and AMS-LHR-JNB is next week. The issue is I need to position to LHR (and next week position back to AMS to start my AMS-LHR-JNB). I will stay the night in AMS next week prior to starting the AMS-LHR-JNB the next day, so no issue there.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by DIRECT MERIT
Sorry for any confusion. I am in JNB but need to get home to London before returning here next week. I'm doing an ex EU in reverse - JNB-LHR-AMS-LHR-JNB is about 40% cheaper than JNB-LHR-JNB. Outbound JNB-LHR-AMS is this week, and AMS-LHR-JNB is next week. The issue is I need to position to LHR (and next week position back to AMS to start my AMS-LHR-JNB). I will stay the night in AMS next week prior to starting the AMS-LHR-JNB the next day, so no issue there.
Was it not possible to do JNB-LHR-AMS-LHR - wait 7 days - LHR-JNB?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by babats
Was it not possible to do JNB-LHR-AMS-LHR - wait 7 days - LHR-JNB?
I would still have faced the problem of the turnaround time between arriving at AMS and departing back to London. Clearly 90 minutes with baggage is risky to the point of stupidity, but I’m fine with an RFS flight back to the UK 3 hours after landing at AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.