Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loooong Wait on the Telephone

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Loooong Wait on the Telephone

I'm on the phone to BAEC because I need to re-book a 2-4-1 (I need to change zone on the already open jaw return so have to phone). My phone timer has just ticked over the one hour point and I'm still on hold. I phoned AA to change an internal flight and my call was answered immediately. Are BA the worst airline for answering the phone?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I recently had to call BA Holidays Germany office to make a change to a booking that couldn't be done online. They have a very annoying 2 minute timeout before it goes to an answerphone (which I left messages on but never got a call back). I ended up calling over 30 times (over 3 days) before finally getting though to an agent to make the change that I wanted to do! As I was doing UuA, I would have been furious had the availability gone before I managed to get through to the agents to make the change.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Just been Cut Off!

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I recently had to call BA Holidays Germany office to make a change to a booking that couldn't be done online. They have a very annoying 2 minute timeout before it goes to an answerphone (which I left messages on but never got a call back). I ended up calling over 30 times (over 3 days) before finally getting though to an agent to make the change that I wanted to do! As I was doing UuA, I would have been furious had the availability gone before I managed to get through to the agents to make the change.
Phone just went beep beep and call disconnected. Blood Pressure off the scale!!!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:00 am

Don't try Qantas then. Complete waste of time.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If you have a second phone in the household I’d always try with this whilst on hold. I imagine some calls don’t end up in the queue correctly and things go wrong. Usually Gold line five mins or less
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:07 am

Send a DM on twitter. They can help with amending bookings and will call you
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:44 am

Call the Swedish line. Never had to wait more than 5 min the last 6 years, even when I was a lowly bronze once.

Keep in mind they are only open Mon-Sat +46 (0)770 110 020
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Call the Swedish line. Never had to wait more than 5 min the last 6 years, even when I was a lowly bronze once.

Keep in mind they are only open Mon-Sat +46 (0)770 110 020
Does the call not route back to a UK call centre? I was under the impression that the calls route to either UK, US or one of the Asian call centres depending on time of day/number called.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by s1362083
Does the call not route back to a UK call centre? I was under the impression that the calls route to either UK, US or one of the Asian call centres depending on time of day/number called.
50% Germany and 50% UK
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:22 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Had a wait of over 10 minutes to speak to the You First team on Friday. Don't think I ever had that sort of wait in years gone by (for You First or the GGL line).
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by s1362083
Called up the USA number at 12:15AM on Sunday morning and was routed through to a thoroughly nice representative based in Warrington, Cheshire.
There was no wait at this time.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Had to ring in before while I was in USA but due to the time difference had to ring the UK office, I had to hear the music for an hour and then it cut out and then just had an automated message saying they were too busy to take on any more calls. Drove me up the wall, But the jet lag hit hard and when I did try again after 10 mins I was through straight away. I get it if there was a problem with loads of cancelations but not much was happening at the time.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

US BAEC Number

Originally Posted by AleTrail
Called up the USA number at 12:15AM on Sunday morning and was routed through to a thoroughly nice representative based in Warrington, Cheshire.
There was no wait at this time.
Very interesting. I'm going to have to call whilst over there. Could I please ask what number you call

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.