Concorde Room

Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life, CCR, VS Silver, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by kileysmom
Jut curious - how old was that "old lady?" Eeeegads, I thought most on here were beyond .... well, let's just say .....
Well lets say she was a grey haired "old" lady who sat in her overcoat for some time before falling asleep on the sofa. This wasn't you was it??

BTW, I have nothing against grey haired old ladies, I am married to one.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I had a 21:05 departure on Jan 2 and ~19:45 the CCR was quite busy. I was quite surprised at that. All bar stools taken at the bar, most (indoor) lounges taken. I looked at the board and saw HKG/JNB departures in addition to mine (GRU) and put it down to that (and maybe that time of year where folks jet off post New Year's Eve to warmer destinations).

Security was super quiet. I strolled over to the F lounge for some quick food and it was rather quiet.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
I’m far from a regular in the CCR, maybe once or twice a year, but with such a break the fading and general collapsing of the “new” sofas is pretty clear... they are starting to look old and threadbare after a little more than 18 months. The chairs and loungers seem to have faired much better than the multicoloured sofas.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:55 am

CCR related question - does anyone know the toiletries offered in the cabanas/showers? I’m there later this week and trying to figure out what I should take in hand luggage.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by HoneymoonFlyer
CCR related question - does anyone know the toiletries offered in the cabanas/showers? I’m there later this week and trying to figure out what I should take in hand luggage.
The cabanas contain products from Aromatherapy Associates, including shampoo, shower gel and hand cream. The main shower complex uses Elemis products.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
The cabanas contain products from Aromatherapy Associates, including shampoo, shower gel and hand cream. The main shower complex uses Elemis products.
Perfect thanks - do you happen to know if the offering includes a toothbrush/paste and deodorant? Will pack them if not but would prefer to travel light if they’re provided.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by HoneymoonFlyer

Perfect thanks - do you happen to know if the offering includes a toothbrush/paste and deodorant? Will pack them if not but would prefer to travel light if they’re provided.
You can get a dental kit from the spa reception, but I don't believe deodorant is available so I'd recommend either taking that with you or buying some in Boots.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
You can get a dental kit from the spa reception, but I don't believe deodorant is available so I'd recommend either taking that with you or buying some in Boots.
Got it, very helpful thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.