Bathroom Soap on BA/airplane scent

Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I dislike it too and my own take (not far from cws’s) is mouldy orange. I do like the geranium focused scent of the J soaps.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:53 am

I've noticed this too in the last few months, i quite like it. I only fly BA shorthaul so maybe long haul is different, but the toilets have a scent not unlike the cheery blossom handwash my wife has installed next to all our sinks at home. I'm not absolutely certain it is the hand soap? That has a different odour when you wash your hands.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Originally Posted by FEMW
No you are not imagining it! I’m also hypersensitive to strong perfumes and aftershaves and scented soaps. Almost all can be headache-inducing for me.
Add me to the list! I always bring some anti-histamine tablets with me on flights because depending on the combination and strength of perfumes & aftershaves, I sometimes end up with very irritated eyes and nose on top of a screaming headache. I'm fine with perfumes and the likes as long as there's not lots of different ones mixed in the air.

I also cannot stand the smell of red wine - it turns my stomach. The irony is that I'm French
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by zappomatic

The large bottle of soap also houses an air freshener (a small bottle plus a wick that needs to be pushed into it to activate). Also without the bottle in place you’d be left with a hole in the counter which the bottle screws into.

The product is supplied by Freshorize https://www.freshorize.com/ and my best guess is that the fragrance is Applespice.
There's also usually a little spray bottle of air freshener, branded 'Aerofresh' or similar in the SH washrooms. I sprayed some of it once (purely out of curiosity) and that stuff is really pungent / effective, depending on how you look at it.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:09 am

Took a flight LGW-ALC in Club Europe over the long Easter weekend. Used the washroom shortly after the meal service and noticed the counter top was devoid of any form of hand soap and/or lotion. Either White Company branded or the generic aerosoap. A quiet request to the crew for replenishment was met with eye-roll and the response that these had all been replenished prior to boarding. A fresh set of White Company stuff was handed to me as I stood in the washroom doorway and I set about washing my hands as I'd intended, leaving the pump bottes in the metal holder. Just before we commenced our decent I overheard another passenger asking for soap as there was none present. A bottle of aero-soap was then sourced from the back as there was no more White Company left to restock.
Crew couldn't believe it was going missing so quickly. There were clearly a few light fingered passengers sat amongst us that afternoon!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.