Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the staffer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by speedbuslhr
Mixed fleet however are much stricter. Its very rare for them to separate unless they have a long wait between flights at Heathrow.
Originally Posted by shefgab
MF crew generally stay together as as group.
Originally Posted by alpha320
Crew normally stick together, I think Mixed Fleet have no choice, they have to!
So is this a policy decision for MF? And are we allowed to ask what is the rationale behind it?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
So is this a policy decision for MF? And are we allowed to ask what is the rationale behind it?
It’s just standard on MF. We’re told we have to do it so we do - not sure why! It’s just always been that way.
Globaliser likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
The same reason that mixed fleet have to wear hats and other fleets don't. Terms and conditions! You wouldn't believe the amount of agreements behind the scenes!
Globaliser likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
I will be traveling in FIRST on the 747 (1K) in August to JFK. Instead of receiving the male version of the amenity kit, can I ask for the female version? Do they stock them according to seats taken or do they add a few extras? To be honest I prefer the female version because they seem to be more vibrant in color and in contents from I what I saw and heard.
Thank you..
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Instead of receiving the male version of the amenity kit, can I ask for the female version?
Yes.

Read your signature!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Flyiboy
I will be traveling in FIRST on the 747 (1K) in August to JFK. Instead of receiving the male version of the amenity kit, can I ask for the female version? Do they stock them according to seats taken or do they add a few extras? To be honest I prefer the female version because they seem to be more vibrant in color and in contents from I what I saw and heard.
Thank you..
You can certainly request one. Provided we can leave enough for the return then it shouldn’t be a problem at all.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It will depend on how many ladies ones they use on your flight, the crew won’t want to give any extra ladies bags out as the may be needed for the return flight, I would say it will most likely be possible.
Saying that I wouldn’t be seen dead with the ladies bag but to each their own.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Thanks for all the replies..
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:10 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Travelling JAL I seemed to get an F (class and sex) amenity kit with an M extension. 100% sure that doesn't happen on BA, but it's an interesting theory.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
A message on the Golden ticket event thread got me thinking about AED (Defibrillators) and procedure in extreme cases.

I've seen some AEDs on some BA planes, but are they standard issue on all aircraft now? Are CC all trained on them? And would first-aid trained passengers be welcome to help, or would it be best to leave CC alone in that case? (30mns of CPR was mentioned, that is EXHAUSTING, so a bit of relief might be welcome, but maybe legal liabilities come in?).
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:08 am
Suspended

What do flight attendants think of people who are clearly flying CW for the first time? I suppose evidenced by them taking photographs and general excitement etc
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by alex67500
A message on the Golden ticket event thread got me thinking about AED (Defibrillators) and procedure in extreme cases.

I've seen some AEDs on some BA planes, but are they standard issue on all aircraft now? Are CC all trained on them? And would first-aid trained passengers be welcome to help, or would it be best to leave CC alone in that case? (30mns of CPR was mentioned, that is EXHAUSTING, so a bit of relief might be welcome, but maybe legal liabilities come in?).
My professional background is a paramedic, so I've had countless examples of being part of a team that's done CPR for more than 30 minutes. Firstly if people rotate (3 minutes on - at least 3 minutes off), CPR isn't especially physically exhausting (if you're doing it correctly) you are using your weight to apply most the pressure. Added to which if it your first time or you don't you will get a significant adrenaline hit.

I imagine it is emotional aspect that cabin crew would find most exhausting.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by alex67500

AEDs are fitted to all aircraft and is checked for serviceability before each sector. Every single crew member is trained in their use and is capable of completing CPR in line with BA Resuscitation Guidelines.
In the unfortunate event we’d have to use the AED, it would be expected that’d we’d rotate around crewmembers to ensure that the compressions we’re effective and not being delivered from someone who was exhausted.
We may (or may not) request assistance from healthcare professionals, however crew involved in CPR must adhere to BA Guidelines.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MFCC

AEDs are fitted to all aircraft and is checked for serviceability before each sector. Every single crew member is trained in their use and is capable of completing CPR in line with BA Resuscitation Guidelines.
In the unfortunate event we’d have to use the AED, it would be expected that’d we’d rotate around crewmembers to ensure that the compressions we’re effective and not being delivered from someone who was exhausted.
We may (or may not) request assistance from healthcare professionals, however crew involved in CPR must adhere to BA Guidelines.
i did once, in the last year, unfortunately witness the AED being used on a flight. The crew did ask for any medics on board to help and the compressions continued throughout the diverted landing with the unfortunate passenger on the floor in the aisle throughout. Whilst clearly distressing for the crew and passengers, this one event gave me massive confidence in the ability of BA crew to handle this sort of situation and it moved me to write to BA to tell them how impressed I’d been by this crew. It really made me feel I’d be in safe hands if the same happened to me.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GfL
This one for the ATCOs:

When (if?!) the third runway is operating at LHR, how will it be used? To get a balanced utilisation of all three runways, will one be in mixed mode i.e. departures and landings? And, if so, which runway would be mixed mode?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.