Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the staffer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by John Kline
Quick question : I notice one of the A380s - G-XLEB - flew to Manilla for likely tech. But this flew via LGW.
Any idea why it's gone via LGW?

Thanks in advance.
some comments which may help answer in this thread BA A380 positioning from Heathrow to Gatwick

apparently it is due to A380s only being able to arrive at MNL at certain times, and a departure time which allows for this being available at LGW but not from LHR due to the overnight curfew,
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:55 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply and apologises for sourcing the earlier posting.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Watched a video of a pilot climbing in the window of the cockpit in T2 at LHR as they evidently couldnt get in the cockpit the normal way

What is the likely reason for this ? Forgotten code or is there actually keys to a plane lol

The video for anyone interested Pilot Caught Climbing Through A Cockpit Window At Heathrow Airport - LADbible
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Watched a video of a pilot climbing in the window of the cockpit in T2 at LHR as they evidently couldnt get in the cockpit the normal way

What is the likely reason for this ? Forgotten code or is there actually keys to a plane lol

The video for anyone interested Pilot Caught Climbing Through A Cockpit Window At Heathrow Airport - LADbible
Well it’s not Heathrow. Unless United started flying 737s there recently.

Shutting the flight deck door and then depowering the aircraft may do it on some aircraft.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Fascinating thread.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:40 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Went out of LGW today and noticed a brand new hangar being built at the western end of the runway, on the right when departing from the "26" runway. Who is this being built for?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by BOH
Went out of LGW today and noticed a brand new hangar being built at the western end of the runway, on the right when departing from the "26" runway. Who is this being built for?
It's the new Boeing Goldcare hangar.

Their main customer in LON at the moment being Norwegian.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BOH
That's the new Boeing Hanger.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
What's the most embarrassing moment you've had on board? Poor crew member yesterday had 4 special meals stacked up and while trying to take the one of the top managed to deposit the other 3 on top of passengers. One guy ended up having to have a selection of snacks on a tray as he was meant to be the receipient of one of those pre-ordered special meals. Must admit, everyone reacted really well to it and the crew member handled it like a champ
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:42 am

Club Europe meal rotations

Could anyone please help. I have made a post gathering the band 3/4 all-day menus in the Club Europe meal thread.
it seems that my calculations of the change dates were incorrect. I assumed that the menus change every fortnight. The 12th of September was a Wednesday in an odd week. The last week of 2018 was an even week so there should not have been a change. This week I got menu with date 23/01/2019 (Wedneaday on an even week). It was the first rotation even though I assumed it would have been the second second rotation starting Wednesday the 30th of January. Is it sade to assume that the meals change on Wednesdays in even weeks? Do you know why the continuity was interrupted. Thanking in advance nordic
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
I understand that you cannot preorder long haul meals on flights into the UK and not SIN-SYD but why can't you preorder on the LHR-SIN leg of LHR-SIN-SYD? Also, why not Abuja? Apart from these two exceptions, it seems preordering is now across the ex-UK longhaul network.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pennineuk
I understand that you cannot preorder long haul meals on flights into the UK and not SIN-SYD but why can't you preorder on the LHR-SIN leg of LHR-SIN-SYD? Also, why not Abuja? Apart from these two exceptions, it seems preordering is now across the ex-UK longhaul network.
I eventually managed via You First although it took a lot of persuading to get them to believe preordering was even a thing! The website just kept giving errors.
pennineuk likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
One for pilots: On aircraft with multiple fuel tanks, will the computers automatically switch to a full tank when the current one being drawn from is empty, or does the changeover have to be done manually?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:08 am

Holding Stacks LHR

Hi,
Noticed Sat morning BA172 (sic) in the holding pattern over Surrey Hills then fly north over LHR approx 7000ft and then join the holding pattern over north east London.
What's the reason for this? Do aircraft frequently change holding patterns?
The other aircraft in the southerly pattern continued on the usual flight path to LHR.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by John Kline
Hi,
Noticed Sat morning BA172 (sic) in the holding pattern over Surrey Hills then fly north over LHR approx 7000ft and then join the holding pattern over north east London.
What's the reason for this? Do aircraft frequently change holding patterns?
The other aircraft in the southerly pattern continued on the usual flight path to LHR.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Stack swaps are not usual but can and do happen fo tactical ATC reasons - I’m sure one of the ATC community will give you fuller details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.