FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
And you are not, how very disappointing? 😂
Jimmie76 and alex67500 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
And you are not, how very disappointing? 😂
Nope, just a lowly serf!!
Can I help you, Jimmie76 and JAXBA like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:46 pm

API and passport details match, so I'll leave it and hope for the best at the airport. Next question; why, if BA222/BA223 is consistently on a B789, are BA not offering F on these flights?

Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I wonder if there were some records set in the unconditioned corridor between T3 and the tower base, and in the control room itself this week? And if there were any creative solutions to try and keep everyone cool? I can't work well when I am hot and I am not doing anything of similar importance as the controllers.

I would ask Heathrow Tower but I think he has been at Fairford this week.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by andymoss
API and passport details match, so I'll leave it and hope for the best at the airport. Next question; why, if BA222/BA223 is consistently on a B789, are BA not offering F on these flights?

Thanks.
It does well in J but wouldn’t in F from a commercial POV. Flub is better than an undersold F. Now please don’t suggest BA changes it to a 3 class triple. I’m still hanging on to hope against hope of ever seeing GIG again (ex 747 problems). Please don’t take my BNA away from me too!
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
I wonder if there were some records set in the unconditioned corridor between T3 and the tower base, and in the control room itself this week? And if there were any creative solutions to try and keep everyone cool? I can't work well when I am hot and I am not doing anything of similar importance as the controllers.

I was wondering if a fine mist spray via fans like they do in the ME would keep it cool. Briefly I wondered if testing the sprinkler system might also deliver cooling dividends.

Then I remeber in once was walking through a pier at LGW to an aircraft when the fire alarm sounded constantly, the travellators all shut down and the sprinklers all erupted along with some vents in the roof.
If you’ve ever seen scenes of Ross Kemp ‘Back In Afghanistan’ with the crud kicked up with a medivac ‘dust off’ you’d be in the right tracks to imagine the visuals of the scene in the North Terminal. Hell and damnation were rought upon them hallowed gates for the brief period. The uniform shirts never did come out white ever again.
adrianlondon, IAMORGAN and KARFA like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Sigwx;[url=tel:34443048
34443048[/url]]It does well in J but wouldn’t in F from a commercial POV. Flub is better than an undersold F. Now please don’t suggest BA changes it to a 3 class triple. I’m still hanging on to hope against hope of ever seeing GIG again (ex 747 problems). Please don’t take my BNA away from me too!
Lord no, I’d never suggest that! I just don’t understand why, if it’s always a -9 why they don’t sell F. Now that being said, we’ve been the only two up front more than once.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:12 pm

Lord no, I’d never suggest that! I just don’t understand why, if it’s always a -9 why they don’t sell F. Now that being said, we’ve been the only two up front more than once.
You’ve answered your own question. And if they sell F as F, they have to pay for an additional crew member. If there isn’t enough yield to justify it, they don’t do it.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Confus
You’ve answered your own question. And if they sell F as F, they have to pay for an additional crew member. If there isn’t enough yield to justify it, they don’t do it.
Forgive my naďveté as I have only passing knowledge of such things, but how would an airline know that yield isn't there if a particular cabin isn't available for purchase? Unless it's a case of we're-only-going-to-market-this-as-a-three-class-flight-but-might-have-a-9-on-the-route-sometimes-but-we-won't-know-that-until-closer-to-time-so-we-just-won't-bother-with-F?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:13 am

Forgive my naďveté as I have only passing knowledge of such things, but how would an airline know that yield isn't there if a particular cabin isn't available for purchase?
Well in the case of BNA they’ll have the records from pre-covid, when they did offer paid F. And they’ll also have detailed historic knowledge of all customers across three airlines purchasing F since the AJB began (albeit on a connecting basis, but it’ll give a good indication).
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:46 pm

Plus they'll have the status spread of pax currently booking - as well as the history of that, which can be a fairly good indicator, I would think.

rb211.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
… and will have conducted extensive market research before opening the line. If anything, Ba tends to sometimes open F where it isn’t needed rather than the other way round…
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA

The aircon in the control room was ‘renewed’ over the past winter, so from all accounts it seems to have coped.

The link bridge is another matter…..I think a temp of near 50 C was seen at one point.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Window Blinds

On every BA flight I have been on (SH, LH, doesn't matter), the crew insist that window blinds are open on fake off and on landing. On an AA metal (BA codeshare) TATL yesterday in a 77W departing LHR 5pm, the window blinds were closed on boarding and largely remained closed until landing in JFK. It certainly kept the cabin cooler and suited me just fine (perhaps I am a troglodyte).

Why do BA insist on window blinds being open on take off and landing whereas others flying the same route with the same planes do not?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
For observation purposes, passengers have in the past alerted the crew of safety issues that the flight crew were unaware of.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.