FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Ask the staffer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1949283-ask-staffer.html)

golfmad Jul 29, 2019 8:33 am

I have a question related to loadings and a discrepancy between EF loading values and actuals on board.

My flight last night from ATL (BA226) was reasonably quiet. There were only 5 of us in the 14F cabin and apparently lots of empty seats down the back. Prior to the flight ExpertFlyer showed the flight as completely zeroed out. A couple of days ago it had F1 A0. Are there other factors that might lead to the airline not wishing to sell any more tickets even though there's considerable space available? This might account for the 0s in the fare classes. I had a quick word with the captain last night who said it wasn't a cargo issue on this flight. He didn't know why the airline would restrict sales. Any clues anyone?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...eceb2d03b0.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8951314c90.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...27042c82d4.png

Wendyp247 Jul 29, 2019 1:13 pm

British Airways Pilot strike

As an insider what do you think will happen with the BA pilot strike. I have a flight from Orlando to London on August 14, any chance the flight wills till be going? If I don't make it, would I be rebooked with AA?

Can I help you Jul 29, 2019 1:16 pm

There will be more news tomorrow.

13901 Jul 29, 2019 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 31354440)
I have a question related to loadings and a discrepancy between EF loading values and actuals on board.

My flight last night from ATL (BA226) was reasonably quiet. There were only 5 of us in the 14F cabin and apparently lots of empty seats down the back. Prior to the flight ExpertFlyer showed the flight as completely zeroed out. A couple of days ago it had F1 A0. Are there other factors that might lead to the airline not wishing to sell any more tickets even though there's considerable space available? This might account for the 0s in the fare classes. I had a quick word with the captain last night who said it wasn't a cargo issue on this flight. He didn't know why the airline would restrict sales. Any clues anyone?

I can't comment on your ATL case, but I remember once, a few years ago, one of my staff travel nominees was flying back from Sao Paulo, back when the 747 still plied the route. I checked on Winbabs (ah, those were the days!) and the flight was wide open. Brazil had just plunged into recession, no one was flying, it looked good for her to have a 'DIY lie-flat' on a row of 4 seats. This was 3 days out.

Then the day prior to the flight I checked again and it'd gone to zero in almost every class. Then it went to full zero. Turned out that AF had gone on strike and had taken the entire inventory on that flight to accommodate its own passengers stranded when their 77W was cancelled. Perhaps something like this might've happened? There was risk of a cancellation, or something along those lines, and space was being 'reserved' on the flight in case it really hit the fan.

londonclubguy Jul 31, 2019 9:28 am

Appreciate for security concerns this is a difficult one to answer. But...... cameras in short haul plane toilets - yes or no?!?!

Can I help you Jul 31, 2019 9:54 am

There are no cameras in any toilets.

BOH Aug 4, 2019 2:15 am

Originally Posted by londonclubguy (Post 31363158)
Appreciate for security concerns this is a difficult one to answer. But...... cameras in short haul plane toilets - yes or no?!?!

What a very peculiar and bizarre question to ask. What on earth posessed you to even think this may remotely be the case FFS???? :confused:

T8191 Aug 4, 2019 6:01 am

Selfies are very popular these days. ;)

fulan_flyer Aug 9, 2019 2:49 pm

Dear BA Staff.

I work for another airline, and I'm weighing my options for getting on the SCL - LHR BA250 (Sept).. I will be flying Staff Travel / Stand by, and was wondering how hard would it be to get a jump seat (if worse comes to worst) I think I could just about handle the hours,

The problem is that the SCL BA counter is handled by an external company so hard to get any info from them, would it just be a case of buying the standby ticket and asking the Captain if I see him entering the airport? or is there a procedure?

Many thanks!!

S.

BlueRedGreen Aug 9, 2019 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by fulan_flyer (Post 31398690)
Dear BA Staff.

I work for another airline, and I'm weighing my options for getting on the SCL - LHR BA250 (Sept).. I will be flying Staff Travel / Stand by, and was wondering how hard would it be to get a jump seat (if worse comes to worst) I think I could just about handle the hours,

The problem is that the SCL BA counter is handled by an external company so hard to get any info from them, would it just be a case of buying the standby ticket and asking the Captain if I see him entering the airport? or is there a procedure?

Many thanks!!

S.

The BA250 is not usually 100% around that time from my experience. Shouldnt be a huge issue to stand by on it I would assume from my historical experience flying it (Once or twice a month for quite some time).

fulan_flyer Aug 9, 2019 4:52 pm

Thanks for the reply, the thing is the long weekend is coming up.. I have never had an issue with the flight before but the long weekend (18-22) got me nervous.. I could go Latam but means a stop off @ GRU.. and another flight that could fill up.. I have a family thing in London and would like to make it, one way or another....

srcga Aug 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi there,
I traveled on BA73 (LHR > AUH) last Monday.

Upon arrival into AUH, they told us while on the way to the gate that there would be a 10-15 minute delay as they offloaded baggage, before passengers were allowed off the plane. There definitely was said delay

That one was new to me - was there possibly some kind of sensitive cargo (someone's loved one maybe?) on the plane?

MADPhil Aug 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by srcga (Post 31467148)
Hi there,
I traveled on BA73 (LHR > AUH) last Monday.

Upon arrival into AUH, they told us while on the way to the gate that there would be a 10-15 minute delay as they offloaded baggage, before passengers were allowed off the plane. There definitely was said delay

That one was new to me - was there possibly some kind of sensitive cargo (someone's loved one maybe?) on the plane?

Not a staffer, but this is often a load balance problem. The last cargo was loaded after the pax and the aircraft may tip back if the pax are unloaded first.

alpha320 Aug 28, 2019 2:01 pm

The aircraft might have been at risk of tipping. Sometimes on the 320 we offload passengers/cargo in a certain order to prevent a significant shift in C of G aft.

srcga Aug 28, 2019 5:49 pm

Interesting. Thanks!