Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads

Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 14, 21, 6:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Current methods to check fare/booking class availability:
If you are requesting flight load / class availability, please provide the following:
1. Actual travel date (don't say tomorrow, or similar, as that is ambiguous given the global flyertalk membership)
2. Departure and arrival airport codes
3. Flight number
Thanks!
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 29, 21, 10:08 am
  #1846  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC Gold. ihg Spire Elite. Hilton Honors Diamond. Radisson Gold
Posts: 1,276
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer View Post
Would someone be kind enough to check the following for me?

17/01/22 BA185 LHR-EWR
and
20/01/22 BA182 JFK-LHR

Thanks in advance.
Here you go, UK POS:

BA 185
LHR 17/01/22 10:45
EWR 17/01/22 13:55
777
M,T,W,Th,F,Sa
NA / NA
F4 A3 J9 C9 D9 R9 I0 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O0 G9



Cannot find a BA182 JFK to LHR listed on Expert Flyer for 20 Jan - Do you mean BA172?

If so, BA172:


BA 172
JFK 20/01/22 20:55
LHR 21/01/22 8:45
777
Daily
0% / 0m
F1 A0 J9 C9 D9 R9 I0 W9 E9 T8 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G9

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Dec 29, 21 at 10:15 am
BarneyMcGrew is offline  
Old Dec 29, 21, 10:12 am
  #1847  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Edinburgh
Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Posts: 410
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew View Post
Here you go, UK POS:

BA 185
LHR 17/01/22 10:45
EWR 17/01/22 13:55
777
M,T,W,Th,F,Sa
NA / NA
F4 A3 J9 C9 D9 R9 I0 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O0 G9




Cannot find a BA182 JFK to LHR listed on 20 Jan - Do you mean BA172?
Apologies, yes BA172 on 20/01.
EDIwanderer is online now  
Old Dec 29, 21, 10:22 am
  #1848  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC Gold. ihg Spire Elite. Hilton Honors Diamond. Radisson Gold
Posts: 1,276
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer View Post
Apologies, yes BA172 on 20/01.
No problem, Have posted BA172 in above response.
BarneyMcGrew is offline  
Old Dec 29, 21, 10:25 am
  #1849  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Edinburgh
Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Posts: 410
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew View Post
No problem, Have posted BA172 in above response.
Thanks for the speedy replies, looking like plenty of room all round!
EDIwanderer is online now  
Old Dec 30, 21, 3:09 pm
  #1850  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Charlottesville, Va. USA
Posts: 1,637
Originally Posted by peter h View Post
It doesn't look like it. BA (and ExpertFlyer) isn't showing any F availability on that flight, so there shouldn't be any reason why the rows in MMB start at 5.

It's still 4 months away though, and maybe BA are allowing for a future equipment change that could include F seating?
Thanks. It has been this way for about a month. The other interesting thing is it only shows rows 5 thru 14?

Last edited by jmj9905; Dec 30, 21 at 3:39 pm
jmj9905 is offline  
Old Dec 30, 21, 5:16 pm
  #1851  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
Hi,

Would someone be able to check this flight for me:

BA175
LHR-JFK
4th Jan

Thanks!
LeonardIngle is offline  
Old Dec 30, 21, 5:53 pm
  #1852  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,179
Originally Posted by LeonardIngle View Post
Hi,

Would someone be able to check this flight for me:

BA175
LHR-JFK
4th Jan

Thanks!
Here you go, UK POS:

BA 175
LHR 01/04/22 9:50 AM
JFK 01/04/22 12:55 PM
777 Su,M,T,W,F,Sa 83% / 23m
F1 A0 J9 C9 D0 R0 I0 W9 E5 T0 Y9 B9 H8 K6 M5 L2 V1 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G9

rb211.
RB211 is offline  
Old Dec 30, 21, 6:07 pm
  #1853  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
Here you go, UK POS:

BA 175
LHR 01/04/22 9:50 AM
JFK 01/04/22 12:55 PM
777 Su,M,T,W,F,Sa 83% / 23m
F1 A0 J9 C9 D0 R0 I0 W9 E5 T0 Y9 B9 H8 K6 M5 L2 V1 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G9

rb211.
Thanks for this! I'm new to this so am I correct in saying that for BA Y through G is Economy fares, and the numbers beside each letter mean the number of seats still available, therefore 49 seats are still to be sold? With it being a 777 that would mean if this remained unchanged 26% of Economy would be empty?

Thanks
LeonardIngle is offline  
Old Dec 30, 21, 8:14 pm
  #1854  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: London
Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 2,336
Originally Posted by LeonardIngle View Post
Thanks for this! I'm new to this so am I correct in saying that for BA Y through G is Economy fares, and the numbers beside each letter mean the number of seats still available, therefore 49 seats are still to be sold? With it being a 777 that would mean if this remained unchanged 26% of Economy would be empty?

Thanks
Incorrect - the number of each fare class still for sale does not mean you can add them up and get the number of free seats - it just is the number BA are willing to sell at that point in time to maximise revenue. At present the numbers for sale in each fare class does indicate a quiet economy cabin (especially given G class shows BA are willing to sell 9 seats in that fare class), but anything can change and you cant guess available seats in a certain class by the number left on sale as closer to departure, BA may have a quiet Business or WTP cabin and thus they know they can roll people forward if they over-sell economy. Hope this makes sense?

Pilot37
RB211 likes this.
Pilot37 is offline  
Old Dec 31, 21, 4:29 pm
  #1855  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Pilot37 View Post
Incorrect - the number of each fare class still for sale does not mean you can add them up and get the number of free seats - it just is the number BA are willing to sell at that point in time to maximise revenue. At present the numbers for sale in each fare class does indicate a quiet economy cabin (especially given G class shows BA are willing to sell 9 seats in that fare class), but anything can change and you cant guess available seats in a certain class by the number left on sale as closer to departure, BA may have a quiet Business or WTP cabin and thus they know they can roll people forward if they over-sell economy. Hope this makes sense?

Pilot37
It does make sense, thank you! I'm still curious as to how those numbers indicate a quite cabin? I subscribed to ExpertFlyer yesterday and from what I can see for my flight economy looks pretty much empty! I assume that people have bought tickets for the flight but aren't yet assigned a seat etc.?

Thanks
LeonardIngle is offline  
Old Dec 31, 21, 6:16 pm
  #1856  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Londinium
Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
Posts: 280
Hi,

Would someone be kind enough to check this flight for me:

BA173
LHR-JFK
8th Jan

Many thanks!
BoeBus is offline  
Old Dec 31, 21, 6:44 pm
  #1857  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Munich, Algarve, Sussex or S.F Bay Area
Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Posts: 3,654
BA 173 LHR JFK
01/08/22 11:25 AM

01/08/22 2:25 PM 777
Daily
76% / 27m

F1 A0 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E7 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O0 G9
Tafflyer is offline  
Old Dec 31, 21, 10:44 pm
  #1858  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,179
Originally Posted by LeonardIngle View Post
It does make sense, thank you! I'm still curious as to how those numbers indicate a quite cabin? I subscribed to ExpertFlyer yesterday and from what I can see for my flight economy looks pretty much empty! I assume that people have bought tickets for the flight but aren't yet assigned a seat etc.?

Thanks
Yes. There are several groups of passengers (on BA) that do not have advanced seat selection so one cannot look at a seat map to see if a flight is empty or near empty etc. Obviously if it looks full then it is, but if it looks empty you know close to nothing. Once check-in start there is a little more info as PAX check-in and select seats.

rb211.
RB211 is offline  
Old Jan 1, 22, 1:43 am
  #1859  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Londinium
Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
Posts: 280
Originally Posted by Tafflyer View Post
BA 173 LHR JFK
01/08/22 11:25 AM

01/08/22 2:25 PM 777
Daily
76% / 27m

F1 A0 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E7 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O0 G9
thanks!
BoeBus is offline  
Old Jan 1, 22, 1:56 am
  #1860  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 95
Is there a way to tell how many poug fares there might be for a flight by the fare buckets?
5 of us are travelling on 2 separate bookings in two weeks and we want to upgrade from WTP. Im not sure if one of us upgrades first the offer would then disappear for the other booking.

its ba2166 tpa-lgw on Jan 15th.

thanks!
Eaunoire is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread