Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Can you book hire cars via the Executive Club phone line?
I would guess 'Yes', on the basis they try to rent you a car when just booking a flight.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Why does it still say this, which I assume is still not true:
The web site can only accept bookings up to 355 days in advance. Please contact your Executive Club Service Centre if you need to book for more than one year ahead.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:15 am

Issue booking awards

More and more this warning message appearing without results when looking for awards on very, very simple routes, either BA or partners:
"There is a problem with your request. Please try again later". Trying on other browsers or the app does not help
mlhall and juakkers like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mrpacifist
More and more this warning message appearing without results when looking for awards on very, very simple routes, either BA or partners:
"There is a problem with your request. Please try again later". Trying on other browsers or the app does not help
Been getting this all day aswell.

When searching for a route including a domestic leg it keeps bringing up the stopover page, yet when confirming I don't want a stopover there's an error and I can't proceed.

Tried different dates and routes and always the same.

Tried the app too and its the same.
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Why does it still say this, which I assume is still not true:

The web site can only accept bookings up to 355 days in advance. Please contact your Executive Club Service Centre if you need to book for more than one year ahead.
Certain bookings that are partially outside of system range can be made over the phone. Not redemptions though.

What are you trying to book?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
BA.com reward search is horrible at the moment. It is not possible to adjust a search during the search (on the page where flights are listed). The calendar and the from/to fields don't work when already in a search, one has to start from the beginning again every time. Very annoying.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:34 am

I tried two different routes: Los Angeles - Honolulu and London - Toronto. Both did not work and same as florens, a few days ago I was unable to change a search, had to come back to the beginning every time. :/
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
I don't feel special anymore. "There is a problem with your request. Please try again later" over and over again. Unclear if the issue is an issue with BA or an issue with individual accounts.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by florens
BA.com reward search is horrible at the moment. It is not possible to adjust a search during the search (on the page where flights are listed). The calendar and the from/to fields don't work when already in a search, one has to start from the beginning again every time. Very annoying.
It's been like that for a while now and the problem with redemptions is that you don't have the same options of looking elsewhere as you would if you were just paying for a flight.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
I tried two different routes: Los Angeles - Honolulu and London - Toronto. Both did not work and same as florens, a few days ago I was unable to change a search, had to come back to the beginning every time. :/
Good to see I’m not the only one having issues and getting the “problem with your request” message.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Also still suffering this - not results since yesterday (from two accounts, if that helps any).
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
I seem to have issues searching for reward availability to NA destinations; works elsewhere just not there....
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Certain bookings that are partially outside of system range can be made over the phone. Not redemptions though.

What are you trying to book?
Just looking at availability, but that quote is taken straight from a redemption booking page.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
"British Airways and its partners do not fly this route " just trying to book a simple AA nonstop within the US.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by edsh
"British Airways and its partners do not fly this route " just trying to book a simple AA nonstop within the US.
I've been having the same issue this morning, it's so frustrating. I know the milesAAver availability exists via AA.com, but can't get anything to populate on BA.com. Trying to book flights next week, ugh!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.