Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
There's a persisting problem when trying to add South African mobile phone numbers to bookings: they are simply rejected.

I first saw this when trying to add such numbers as arrival contacts, but now I can't get even a ZA mobile into the passenger contact field. And it doesn't seem to matter how many digits the phone number comprises.
I have a similar problem entering a US phone number into a booking. It will not accept a 3+7 digit phone number, but seems to be ok with 11 digit phone number (I accidentally typed an extra digit and clicked ok and the system accepted the erroneous phone number).

Any fixes? I would rather have an accurate phone number in the booking in case BA needs to contact me.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:44 am

When I get Firefox problems (not just on BA) it tends to be because either uBlock Origin is blocking something (thinking it's an advert) or the latest version of Firefox is blocking something (thinking it's a tracking cookie).
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
API doesn't stick - tried both Chrome and Explorer

I am starting to get really frustrated with this - I have a flight to Seattle coming up and I have now included my API information around 4 times, I've tried both in Chrome and Explorer. I complete the information, I save it, I get the screen wit the green tick which says "Information Complete". I go back to Manage my Booking where I am invited to complete the API again as there is "Information missing".

Does anyone know if there is a work around? It's irritating that I have to complete this separately every time I travel to the US even though all my details are saved to my profile, but when it then doesn't even stick, it makes me craaazyyy....

Thank you very much!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Have you just been trying this morning?
I'm having trouble with any MMB activity today so might be a general fault going on.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Hello,
No, this has been going on for at least a week - I tried Chrome first, when it didn't stick, I tried Explorer (as this helped last time I had the same problem), but that also didn't work, then I left it for a few days, tried again, same thing. And the same again this morning... Argh!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Everyone!
Originally Posted by hannibal
What's the latest on difficulties using Avios to book award flights on AA metal? I have my eye on some flights that do show up on aa.com as milesaaver awards, expertflyer says there are 9 seats available in T, but when I try to "book with avios" ba.com is telling me there's nothing available. I've tried searching a couple dozen times as detailed @ The (Infuriating) Workaround for Finding AA Award Availability Through British Airways but no luck. Seems to be a common, long term issue with no end in sight?
Yeah, this is still a problem and incredibly irritating. Trying to book an AA award for a nonstop that goes almost hourly between 2 cities, and all are available on AA as milesaavers but the BA site stops displaying availability after about 15:00 for any flights.

For what it's worth, I tried the old, click another day 20 times back and forth technique, no dice.

Last edited by PGHflyer; Mar 14, 2019 at 9:43 am
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC "I'm blue Da ba dee da ba di", Skywards Blue, Miles & More (very passive)
Nothing mission critical here, just another glitch. In the Executive Club Flightpath, only this error message appeared before 2015.

IT is hard.

Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I've been trying to book flights using Avios points for the last 2 hours to no avail.

I log in to my BA account and head to look for flights using Avios. I find my desired flight (ITM to HND, flight JL0114) on my desired dates. (All the flights and dates show 4-5 award seat available.

I select the flight and enter the information for both passengers. When I get to the payment form, I tried using 2 different American Express cards, Paypal and a Master Card. All of these options led me to a page showing the message below:

Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time.
We're sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office.

Is there anything I can do to get passed that? I even reached the next level of security when using Amex and MC (where they asked my birthdate and Postal code), but I always ended up getting this error message.

Thanks in advance, I'm getting worried I will not be able to book my desired flight if those seats sell out before I can book.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by yoteshot
I've been trying to book flights using Avios points for the last 2 hours to no avail.

I log in to my BA account and head to look for flights using Avios. I find my desired flight (ITM to HND, flight JL0114) on my desired dates. (All the flights and dates show 4-5 award seat available.

I select the flight and enter the information for both passengers. When I get to the payment form, I tried using 2 different American Express cards, Paypal and a Master Card. All of these options led me to a page showing the message below:

Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time.
We're sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office.

Is there anything I can do to get passed that? I even reached the next level of security when using Amex and MC (where they asked my birthdate and Postal code), but I always ended up getting this error message.

Thanks in advance, I'm getting worried I will not be able to book my desired flight if those seats sell out before I can book.
I am having no the same exact issue. I have tried three cards. I have tried in my phone, iPad, laptop, but I keep getting the same message at the end.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Porblem with BA Website - Military Fares part.

Does anyone who uses the BA website (the Military Fares part linked from the Defence Discount Service) have the following problem:

Whenever I select the destination and outward date, the travel class reverts to ‘Economy’ only. No other travel class is selectable. I have tried selecting ‘business/club’ first but as soon as one puts in the outward travel date it just reverts back to 'Economy' with no other class selectable.

It happens regardless of destination and dates. Also tried using Firefox and Chrome with the same results.

Does anynoe know a workround?

I don't know if it is also connected, but also when first logging into the BA Military Fares website using the codeword from DDS, the country/region shows as Afghanistan with the language as Deutsch!

Thanks

BM
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am trying to book (since this morning) some flights redeeming avios and always the process stops some where. I tried chrome and explorer and no luck!

Is there any problem with the avios booking engine of BA?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:39 am

Trying to book 4 award tickets using the BA site. It shows availability but when I select the flight it does not let me continue and says ERROR There is a problem with booking this ticket online. The 4 passengers are 2 adults and 2 children. But when I put in the search with 4 adults it does let me select the flight and continue to enter passenger information but I can't go further because the children can't be booked as an adult. Any ideas on what I can do?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
From back in early December
Originally Posted by Fitch
I have a slight variant on this:
  • logged in no issues
  • can see full list of bookings
  • when I click on a booking an interstitial loads and I have to re-enter PNR and surname
  • works fine thereafter
Had it for a while (2-3 weeks ?)

More of an annoyance than anything but would be curious to know if anyone has had similar ?
Still the same. More than 3 months later. It's been reported to BA more than once.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
Does anyone who uses the BA website (the Military Fares part linked from the Defence Discount Service) have the following problem:

Whenever I select the destination and outward date, the travel class reverts to ‘Economy’ only. No other travel class is selectable. I have tried selecting ‘business/club’ first but as soon as one puts in the outward travel date it just reverts back to 'Economy' with no other class selectable.

It happens regardless of destination and dates. Also tried using Firefox and Chrome with the same results.

Does anynoe know a workround?

I don't know if it is also connected, but also when first logging into the BA Military Fares website using the codeword from DDS, the country/region shows as Afghanistan with the language as Deutsch!

Thanks

BM
I saw this yesterday (had to use Edge as Amex SafeKey wasn't working on Chrome). Put details in and select next (away from home PC so can't check the exact text). The go back to the previous page and you will find that the drop down will allow selection of classes, while retaining your dates and airports.

However... yesterday I wasn't able to pay! Got to the final stage, put in card details which were accepted and then got a "sorry ... we've not charged you" screen. Hope that helps you, though!
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by Tocsin
I saw this yesterday (had to use Edge as Amex SafeKey wasn't working on Chrome). Put details in and select next (away from home PC so can't check the exact text). The go back to the previous page and you will find that the drop down will allow selection of classes, while retaining your dates and airports.

However... yesterday I wasn't able to pay! Got to the final stage, put in card details which were accepted and then got a "sorry ... we've not charged you" screen. Hope that helps you, though!
Many thanks for that Tocsin.

I will have a play around with it later.

It is very frustrating when it will not do what it should do!

Thanks again.

BM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.