Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

If you happen to be experiencing any issues with BA.com - suspected bugs, glitches, or other technical oddities, this thread is for you. Please post your experiences here, as others may have found a solution to the same problem and will be happy to assist.

I’ll set up the wikipost as a technical issues tracker.

This thread is a continuation of the previous Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!] thread.

Important

We have an official representative team from BA on BA.com-related issues, called ba.com Official (please see ba.com Official - new BA representative on Flyertalk).

This thread is for technical issues you wish to report to ba.com team.

Please do not introduce any noise, chatter or clutter into this thread. It is very important for everyone that this thread remains clutter-free so that the issues can easily be seen by BA.com team and be dealt with. Thank you.

This thread is only for reporting technical issues and not for discussing them in a wider sense or for posting a wishlist of items. It would be most appreciated if you could keep this thread focused on what it is for - reporting technical issues including bugs and glitches on BA.com so that they can be addressed.

We (BA forum moderating team) really do not want to offend people but any clutter, chatter or noise will be removed without notice in order to keep this thread 'clean'.

Thank you.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Hi, Long time lurker, first time poster!

I added my 3 youngest children to my HHA yesterday. Noticed a really odd thing with the validation emails which of course go to "their" email accounts for them to accept becoming part of the HHA.
The unique URLs which are provided to validate the process seem "dodgy" and redirect to a strange url. My virus scanner then blocked them.

The beginning of the urls provided wasunable to post properly as new poster) "wwwbritishairways.com/travel/hmrjoinhhaccount/"
I found that by adding the . between www and british, i was directed to the correct url. (validated D.O.B and added the chid to my HHA)

Would be good to be looked into- other people may be struggling to add people to their account, or worse still being phished. Not sure how this can happen.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:18 pm

This keeps happening to me - I log out of one account and into another, and instead of my own bookings I see the other person's bookings all listed in my account, just like if they were my own. I can even go into MMB and edit them as I please.

I've had this happen even hours after logging out before. This is somewhat concerning and strongly puts me off ever logging into my account from a public computer!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Does clearing the browser cache AND cookies help?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Aaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhh

So many annoyances so far this morning, but mainly in the playing around with different dates and destinations for reward flights, which is still very buggy. From frequently getting the "Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn't work" when daring to do something as radical as clicking on the next day, to getting a non-functioning booking search pop up instead of the flight details when clicking on the flight number, it is very painful.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
As reported in last year's thread, it still takes several attempts to change the default country and language when first logging in to ba.com.

And clicking through to MMB from my list of future bookings produces a "booking not found" error and I have to enter the booking reference and passenger name. This gets really tiresome when I'm checking the details of several forthcoming trips.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Does clearing the browser cache AND cookies help?
Yes - that's in fact the only way to fix it. Logging out and back in multiple times would still keep the other person's flights in the booking occasionally.

Clearly some very dodgy coding...
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:43 am

"Find availability with British Airways on other dates" / avios search broken

Monthly avios redemption availability not working.

Clicking "Find availability with British Airways on other dates" when searching for Avios seats should bring up a monthly calendar. No longer - just get blank page.

Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Tried to book flight + car today ... results a shambles (never mind the details). Called Bold Line ... excellent Agent couldn’t do it either!! She promised to call back, which she did within 30 mins, and sorted the bookings. Excellent Agent, great communicator!

She understands problems have been caused by the loading of the latest sale fares, but should be sorted in a day or so.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: Varies
Double log-in

After logging in on the top right hand side of the home page, I used to be able to access my Executive Club account via the "Manage" tab. Now, when I click on "Manage", I am requested to "Log In to My Executive Account" again before I'm allowed to see any personal information/flight bookings etc. I'm not sure if this double login is deliberate or not.

If I bypass the login on the home page and just click on "Manage" then "Log In to My Executive Account", (in an attempt to avoid the double log-in) I get a big red error message - an exclamation mark and "Please log in to access the page requested".

(Chrome)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
All my bookings keep disappearing from both BA.com and also the app. I keep getting thrown out of the app and getting an error message saying a problem means I can’t access my bookings at this time. Any ideas?
florens likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
All my bookings keep disappearing from both BA.com and also the app. I keep getting thrown out of the app and getting an error message saying a problem means I can’t access my bookings at this time. Any ideas?
It was working on the App earlier, when ba.com was unable to display bookings. However, input the PNR into the ba.com failure bit and it comes up as normal.

Typical dysfunctional BA IT, sadly. Shameful is probably the word.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Likewise, the one booking of mine I have at the moment comes and goes but putting in the BA PNR ref and surname in MMB seems to bring it back.

It is an AA001 issued ticket with 4 BA segments and 2 AA ones so not sure of that makes any difference. Straight BA125 bookings in the past always seem to stick.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My next one is pure BA/125 ... so no excuse for BA whatsoever!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There's a persisting problem when trying to add South African mobile phone numbers to bookings: they are simply rejected.

I first saw this when trying to add such numbers as arrival contacts, but now I can't get even a ZA mobile into the passenger contact field. And it doesn't seem to matter how many digits the phone number comprises.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.