Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Diamond, peasant elsewhere
Just booked two RT award flights BOS-LON, and somehow the passenger names are all messed up. I used the saved travel companion feature, but the two tickets (got 125 eticket numbers for both) are for MR FIRSTNAME LASTNAME and MS FIRSTNAME LASTNAME, rather than MR FIRSTNAME LASTNAME and MS WIFESNAME MAIDENNAME (on her passport, and the name saved in the Exec club account). I called BA customer service, and they said that since its a redemption, I have to talk to Executive Club instead. Now I'm on hold for 45 min and counting...
Old Jun 1, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Can't nominate a partner card until I've added them to my travel companions list. (Which they were already on until the list was wiped out in some pre-pandemic outage/upgrades).

Can't add them to my travel companions list as I get error message "can't be updated at this time".

Can't get the GGL call centre to do it as they just use the website.

Helpful! Incidentally, I nominated a friend for Gold in October ahead of a month-long trip to Australia in economy and it now turns out they never got anything from BA at all but were too polite to mention it.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 8:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There are issues with nominations atm. Ultimately GGL should be able to send a request to the back office who will manually do it if necessary.

Also just to be clear, they need adding to your "Partner Card Nominees" list, not the separate Travel Companion or Family & Friends lists. Once added on there, you should see a button at the bottom of the "My Partner Card Nominees" list to "Nominate from your list". That should take you to another page where you actually do the nominating, and it should show on that page who you have already nominated that membership year.

Last edited by KARFA; Jun 1, 2023 at 8:44 am
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I haven't been able to log into BA.com all day today. The log-in button is greyed out and when i click on it I get a message saying that BA are improving the site.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I haven't been able to log into BA.com all day today. The log-in button is greyed out and when i click on it I get a message saying that BA are improving the site.
It's been a bit hit and miss for me today. I have had a couple of redirections to this temp_outage page in the last couple of hours when trying to login:

https://www.britishairways.com/temp_outage.html
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
BAH booking in Jan 2024. LGW>TFS>LGW. BAEC Goldx2. No option for seat selection in MMB. Wierd since all my other current bookings are OK. Sorted the seat selection by livechat but it still doesn't show on MMB (web version, Firefox) or eTicket.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:30 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
When I go to update my API info in the app it takes me to a page saying that this feature is currently not available.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I really don't understand how BA, in asking during the booking process to put a specific email address for correspondences, decide to randomly correspond with one of the passengers in the booking instead!
More than once I have had exactly this happen -- I will book for me + wife, then at some point between booking day and travel day the system decides to send all schedule changes, notices, ready-to-fly notes, etc. to my wife instead of me. I've found no way to arrest this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
When I go to update my API info in the app it takes me to a page saying that this feature is currently not available.
Yep it's been broken for months in my experience. I've reported it multiple times but they never seem to do anything about it. I think I eventually managed via old MMB.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
This is BA's new home page for me...
Old Jun 1, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Getting that for various pages. Also can't get the app to load my current list of flights so I can download my boarding pass. It's shambolic at the moment
EDIflyer and startreker like this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
I am still getting the error page on first attempt today, but clicking top left gets me in. Still cannot see my bookings in either Chrome or Firefox though.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I was able to log in but all flight searches I’ve tried have errored out.

Originally Posted by golfmad
I have a flight showing in my BAEC recent activity which I'm not due to take for 6 weeks. The entry date is the date I booked it although the text in the entry mentions the fight date in May. Sadly it has posted with 0 tier points and 0 Avios which will also be incorrect.
I also have two of these. It came just after making an avios booking to the same destination so I didn’t really think about it much, figured it was related to that and weird IT. Is this not a normal thing?
Old Jun 8, 2023, 11:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I have just got to the end of my tether with the awful BA IT and, in a very British manner, sent a strongly worded email to the GGL team. I suggest others do the same or else we will continue to experience this rubbish.

I can't log in, therefore I cant book or search for anything with AVIOS. If I try to change an AVIOS booking via the PNR I get an error message to tell me it is not possible to do this online. Over last few years, yes YEARS, if I can log in it says I don't have any bookings. The app says I have no bookings. It is all completely useless.

Regards

aks120
megaloman, SxMan and bzado like this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 12:16 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
It's been insane for the past couple of weeks, at least.
Just received an email saying that my account has been unlocked, and when I try to connect, I get the following message:
"There is currently no access to your account while we upgrade our system. Please visit the information page to find out how this may affect you. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience."
And of course when you click of the link of the information page, it gets to a 404...
SxMan and bzado like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.