Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Few issues showing Avios earned with BA/AA bookings.

i.e.

NCL-LHR (BA), LHR-BOS (BA), BOS-JFK (AA) then the return of JFK-LHR (AA), LHR-NCL (BA) earns 2125 Avios as a GCH in WT+ / PE.

Seems to sometimes show the correct amount, other times quite random as I can search again and get a little over 9k Avios for the above.

Last edited by xenole; Jan 4, 2022 at 9:13 am
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
My BA (actually AA) flight from LHR -> DFW this week has been offering me an upgrade from J to F for the last month. The price has varied from 5900 down to 214, but regardless, whenever I click to upgrade, I get a "confirming your upgrade" screen, followed by "the upgrade price has changed", which then takes me back to the same screen, with the same price. I did wait for 20 mins on chat to ask customer services if they could help, but was told they're unable to process upgrades on there, and I lost the will to live waiting on the Gold Exec line.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:15 am

Got this rebooking for my IAD > LHR > ZAG booking (was originally on an afternoon flight to ZAG that is now cancelled). I have removed the dates for privacy purposes) but the arrival in LHR and departure to ZAG is the same day. I don't get worked up over impossible connections rebookings as those sadly happen all the time and not just with BA. The "55M TO NEXT FLIGHT" banner however is a pretty bad failure. It could really screw up somebody who isn't paying attention....
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
The (revenue) flight booking engine is still returning the results it wants you to see, not the ones you asked for.

Search for All-London-Alicante or Heathrow-Alicante and it will only give you Gatwick-Alicante even though there are of course many connecting options via MAD.
Search for Heathrow-Edinburgh and will give you All-London Edinburgh even if you only wanted Heathrow departures.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HHonors

I have just checked my booking for an upcoming flight to BGI and there is the above red banner showing.

I have seen messages previously about this but could not find a solution. FYI, I have input all the API info for myself and the other passengers travelling so I am not sure what could be causing the issue? - Is this a bug? - it was not showing when I checked the booking a week ago.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by RBMA1987

I have just checked my booking for an upcoming flight to BGI and there is the above red banner showing.

I have seen messages previously about this but could not find a solution. FYI, I have input all the API info for myself and the other passengers travelling so I am not sure what could be causing the issue? - Is this a bug? - it was not showing when I checked the booking a week ago.
Verifly?

rb211.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:51 pm

BA won't show late day options for award options

Anyone know a work-around to get BA to show award flights for AA later in the day?

Looking at DFW-LGA, and the good news is there are a ton of flights showing as available to book with Avios.

The bad news-- there seems to be some limit to number of options BA will show, and it goes chronologically, so I cannot see ANY late day options. In fact, it shows me alternative NYC airports and connecting flights, neither of which I want or can ask BA not to show (as best as I can tell).

I know these late night flights are available, because the AA website, Alaska, and Qantas shows them available for the exact same program points as the ones BA shows earlier in the day.

I don't know how BA's IT can only show you a limited number of options and not allow you to further refine your search so you can find the exact flight you need, but they as usual do what others won't.

Last edited by teammjs; Jan 9, 2022 at 2:53 pm Reason: .
Old Jan 9, 2022, 3:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by teammjs
Anyone know a work-around to get BA to show award flights for AA later in the day?

Looking at DFW-LGA, and the good news is there are a ton of flights showing as available to book with Avios.

The bad news-- there seems to be some limit to number of options BA will show, and it goes chronologically, so I cannot see ANY late day options. In fact, it shows me alternative NYC airports and connecting flights, neither of which I want or can ask BA not to show (as best as I can tell).

I know these late night flights are available, because the AA website, Alaska, and Qantas shows them available for the exact same program points as the ones BA shows earlier in the day.

I don't know how BA's IT can only show you a limited number of options and not allow you to further refine your search so you can find the exact flight you need, but they as usual do what others won't.
It's a known limitation on the avios booking page I am afraid, and becomes a problem with high frequency routes. Only the first eight or so flights are displayed.

The only workaround I know of is to book an earlier flight and then change it in MMB which does show the later flights. With change fees this was of limited use as only GGLs are exempt from reward change fees, but with current BWC policy of no change fees for everyone it may work.

Alternatively you can just call to book it.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HHonors
Originally Posted by RB211
Verifly?

rb211.
I understood that this isnt a requirement, it might just save time at the airport?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by RBMA1987
I understood that this isnt a requirement, it might just save time at the airport?
Correct, you can have all documents checked at the airport.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
Correct, you can have all documents checked at the airport.
You can.

However, IME not having done Verifly can (a) create the message about APIs previously reported and (b) stop one from checking-in.

So no, it's not a requirement, but might be the reason the message reported was displayed, which is the issue I was trying to help with.

(And sometimes even a green Verifly doesn't mean you'll be able to check-in!)

rb211.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I just tried to update my BAEC password on the website (Chrome for macOS). I used an online random password generator (16 characters, upper case, lower case and special characters).

Website said password had been changed successfully. I tried to log out and login with my shiny new password. It didn't work. I tried my old password (which had supposedly been changed). It worked.

I thought maybe my ad block extension was causing issues (it sometimes does on things like this) so I disabled it for the BA website. Same issue.

I thought maybe it's an issue with Chrome, so I tried Safari. Same issue.

Then my website/database brain from a past life kicked in and told me to remove the special characters from my new password since it may cause issues with the website database.

It worked.

So it seems the website has issues accepting special characters if you try to change your password if anyone else was wondering why they can't change their password.

The website states that special characters are indeed fine to use, but it's a backend functionality issue which seems not to like them (I.e. frontend is fine).
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Paren
So it seems the website has issues accepting special characters if you try to change your password if anyone else was wondering why they can't change their password.

The website states that special characters are indeed fine to use, but it's a backend functionality issue which seems not to like them (I.e. frontend is fine).
It's like something from the '80s or '90s!

rb211.
Paren likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold
I have an interesting problem. I was attempting to book 2-for-1 reward travel on ba.com for Mr. kimmy482 and myself, but when I reached passenger details for DH, the radio button for gender was preselected as female and couldn't be changed. I checked his account details to make sure I hadn't missed something there, but he's listed accurately as male. I tried booking from my phone and two different desktop browsers with the same result.

I don't even know if it matters - if I keep the female designation, could it raise eyebrows at check in or would they even notice? I hate to sit on hold for an hour with an IT problem that may not matter. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by kimmy482
I have an interesting problem. I was attempting to book 2-for-1 reward travel on ba.com for Mr. kimmy482 and myself, but when I reached passenger details for DH, the radio button for gender was preselected as female and couldn't be changed. I checked his account details to make sure I hadn't missed something there, but he's listed accurately as male. I tried booking from my phone and two different desktop browsers with the same result.

I don't even know if it matters - if I keep the female designation, could it raise eyebrows at check in or would they even notice? I hate to sit on hold for an hour with an IT problem that may not matter. Any thoughts?
Have a look at this thread from yesterday concerning this problem: Companion booking - wrong gender
kimmy482 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.