Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2021, 4:32 pm

Possibly not a big and might have always been so, but it's the first time I came across it.
After recent "scheduled maintenance" I went to check if my special meal request is still attached to my booking I was presented with this
Comforting to know that if someone managed to get into my account they can see my contact details, address, past and future bookings, do as they please with my Avios balance, but at least they won't know my meal choice
Tobias-UK and SxMan like this.
Old May 16, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
That is how it has been a long time. Don't know what is so dangerous to show an inlogged person what they may or may not have ordered previously.

Other airlines (f.ex. AA) has no trouble showing this info to the user.

LcS
SxMan likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by flyslow
Comforting to know that if someone managed to get into my account they can see my contact details, address, past and future bookings, do as they please with my Avios balance, but at least they won't know my meal choice
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
That is how it has been a long time. Don't know what is so dangerous to show an inlogged person what they may or may not have ordered previously.

Other airlines (f.ex. AA) has no trouble showing this info to the user.
Pure speculation here, but I wonder whether it may have something to do with Article 9 of GDPR? This puts "personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation" into a special category. Contact details, address, and past and future bookings don't seem to fall into the special category.
LCSinTexas and SxMan like this.
Old May 16, 2021, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Pure speculation here, but I wonder whether it may have something to do with Article 9 of GDPR? This puts "personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation" into a special category. Contact details, address, and past and future bookings don't seem to fall into the special category.
So looks like BA is working on assumption that accounts will be illegally accessed? Why would they need to hide my "personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation" from me?
Old May 17, 2021, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by flyslow
So looks like BA is working on assumption that accounts will be illegally accessed? Why would they need to hide my "personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation" from me?
A lot of data protection is about putting in layers of protection against accidental disclosure. You don't have to wait very long for another data breach to come along somewhere, and sometimes two or three come at once. So this website behaviour may be be a result of an extra layer of protection for information that's in the special category.

As I say, it's pure speculation on my part, but I can well see how lawyers might advise doing something like this. Otherwise, what would BA say if there were a data breach and the regulator were to say "What special measures did you take to provide extra protection for the particularly sensitive information?"
Old May 18, 2021, 10:25 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Avios shopping portal login appears to be down - any attempt to use the site returns gibberish internal error script
I had that. Having read this already, I was aware. Firefox would not work, Safari sis on the Pad with a VPN, and Edge works also with
a VPN on my laptop. Drives me barmy - I just do not understand why I can log in fine but the Shopping Portal requires another log in which is when the problem occurs. CWS says that it is a different company so why do they not just work in tandem. One day I will find the Person who presides over this dog's breakfast that calls itself IT and I will probably ruin a perfectly good hairbrush before I am finished.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
german version of ba.com showes the validity of (GUF2)Vouchers as DD.MMM "202022" - last week i used one valid thru december 202021
Old May 18, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
I keep getting shown 'First Class' availability when looking at EU short haul destinations.

SxMan likes this.
Old May 19, 2021, 11:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
The bug "re-enter PNR" when clicking on MMB seems to be back...
ringingup likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 4:23 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
It would be good if you could hide all those cancelled flights. I understand that they need, or want, to keep the PNR for future reference but couldn't they be in a 'cancelled flights' section.

And on BAEC home page, where you just see the first 3 flights, they all say (CANCELLED) against them, but when you show all bookings, none of them say cancelled.

And flights that have been moved, are shown with the correct new dates but positioned where they were originally chronologically in the list.
Old May 25, 2021, 5:25 pm

I have been having an issue with booking Alaska Airlines partner awards on the ba.com website. Alaska shows availability but they don't show to BA (website or via call centre).

[QUOTE=jason_stn21;3328947]

consider Sept 3 SEA-OGG.

Expertflyer shows T7 for all 4 flights.

All 4 available as 20k awards on AS website.

Yet only 2 available on ba.com

the only difference I can see?

The two missing from ba.com are overnight flights.

Last edited by jason_stn21; May 25, 2021 at 5:27 pm Reason: Formatting
Old May 25, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Deleted, misread the question.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:34 am

There appears to be an issue with the BA app at the moment. It forcibly logged me out last night, saying my password was not valid - when I tried logging in again, it wouldn't let me back in. The website (mobile and desktop) is fine.

This morning, the app let me log in, but on doing so said that it cannot show me all my forthcoming flights though I would still be able to view them individually. Having no flights booked at all at the moment, I'm not able to test this!

This is on iOS 14.5, app version 5.79.22 / database version 5.4

Not sure if anyone else has had issues lately, but thought I'd flag it up just in case.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
A couple of rather bizarre glitches when trying to book Loganair codeshares.

First, ba.com seems to have replaced every instance of the word Loganair with a link to the Scottish Government's Covid advice page. And second, it tells me I'm allowed 99 checked bags on the BA leg. Useful for the lucrative Tiree-Lagos market, I suppose...

Old Jul 7, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Today’s IT issue

Anyone else having issues booking with an evoucher? Been trying for an hour and the website either ignores my voucher or I get a message saying I have to call BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.