Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
BA.com has driven me crazy recently. I am completely unable to view any details in manage my booking as the site keeps jumping to the top instead of expanding flight or car rental information. It is also very annoying to not be able to click on a booking to access MMB as it always prompts for the PNR nonetheless.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:24 am
rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
Have had several POUG come up and have been taking them up, most of the time without problems.

Recently though I've had a few glitches both on the app and the site whereby I cannot complete the payment. Everything goes through fine after the Amex verification check (safe-site or whatever it's called), then the site returns an error saying the upgrade offer is no longer available for me. Very annoying given that it let's you go through with it right to the end (payment).

Also on the app when the POUG offer appears I get an error that my 'payment details cannot be loaded' and so I cannot complete the transaction. Generally I am able to do the POUG at online check-in without any issues.

Are these known issues or am I just really special?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by rum
Are these known issues or am I just really special?
Yes, and Yes
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by florens
BA.com has driven me crazy recently. I am completely unable to view any details in manage my booking as the site keeps jumping to the top instead of expanding flight or car rental information. It is also very annoying to not be able to click on a booking to access MMB as it always prompts for the PNR nonetheless.
I've had this jumping to the top thing on the web site for ages - especially when I've tried to delete recent searches, which never worked! Recently, future trips have sporadically come up as unavailable etc.

So, last night was a nightmare to book a flight - first it was (something like) 'we weren't able to complete your booking' after getting all the way through to the payment stage. Then I tried from the start again, but the process froze after the passenger details page. Eventually I did succeed. But grrrr! The only mitigating factor was that a small 'best price guarantee' claim I put in for the booking was approved overnight!

And this evening, the 'delete recent search' functionality works perfectly!?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:14 pm

In MMB, trying to access the In-Flight Entertainment and get the following error; I am flying in March so historically 'next month's'm listings have been accessible.

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /spafax-responsive/.Reason: Error during SSL Handshake with remote server
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Is it just me that can't access ba.com this morning?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
An hour or so ago I was unable to display Future Flights or perform OLCI.

The bug seems to have cleared now, and OLCI performed without difficulty.

Just one of those BA Days?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Is it just me that can't access ba.com this morning?
I've had no difficulty today, everything appears to be working as it should.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:09 pm

I was doing a flight search and for a moment, I got a slightly different looking interface when the flight options came up which showed me basic economy as well as regular economy fares. When I tried clicking through, it glitched and I haven't been able to get that page to come back up again. Is this something that BA will be fixing?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:31 pm

What's the latest on difficulties using Avios to book award flights on AA metal? I have my eye on some flights that do show up on aa.com as milesaaver awards, expertflyer says there are 9 seats available in T, but when I try to "book with avios" ba.com is telling me there's nothing available. I've tried searching a couple dozen times as detailed @ The (Infuriating) Workaround for Finding AA Award Availability Through British Airways but no luck. Seems to be a common, long term issue with no end in sight?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Trying to book a late evening flight using Avios on AA (5 May 903p DCA-ORD). AA.com shows Economy MileSAAver availability on 5 nonstops DCA-ORD on May 5, but BA.com only shows the first 4. Similar for the next day, May 6.

Thought the BA site was working better, I had booked several flights recently using Avios on AA but those didn't have very many daily nonstop options. Tried calling in, gave up after 15-20 minutes on hold. Hate to have to use 12,500 AA miles instead of 7,500 Avios because the BA site is no good.

So frustrating.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AzLarry
Trying to book a late evening flight using Avios on AA (5 May 903p DCA-ORD). AA.com shows Economy MileSAAver availability on 5 nonstops DCA-ORD on May 5, but BA.com only shows the first 4. Similar for the next day, May 6.
Got through on the phone (short hold times on Sunday morning), and this is a known ba.com glitch. Rep said it has been around for a long time and affects AA flights late in the day not showing available online (not necessarily based on the number of flights on the day). Booked over the phone with no phone booking fee.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I've found a bug on ba.com. Don't know if this thread is actively monitored by BA's IT staff or not... anyway....

Steps to reproduce:
- Be logged into your BAEC account
- Search for a flight for someone else (eg. someone on your HHA or friends list), not yourself.
- Use Avios to reduce the price of said flight
- Select "The person paying is not travelling on this booking"
- Fill in new card details and pay for the flight
- The system will use the lead passenger's name as the billing contact name, and not the BAEC account holder's name
- This is not visible on the payment page, and is only apparent when you receive the booking confirmation email
- This will cause some card issuers to reject the payment, depending on how different the name is (eg. someone else in your HHA account may have the same surname, and this might be enough for the payment to go through anyway)
- If the payment is rejected, there's no obvious feedback why on the failed payment screen, and no opportunity to correct the billing name
- If the payment does go through, the BAEC account holder will not be able to talk to CS about the booking, as the billing contact on the booking will not match the BAEC account holders
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:47 am

Like AzLarry above, I just called in to book a flight with avios that does not show up on ba.com but shows up as a milesaaver award on aa.com (and expertflyer showed 7 seats available in T.). The agent had no problem finding it, and I was not charged a phone booking fee, so all good - just a little more friction than necessary.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by opalfruit
- The system will use the lead passenger's name as the billing contact name, and not the BAEC account holder's name
Do you know if it really does that, or is it only the email that contains the wrong info?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.