Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
What does (D) 2 mean next to number of stops?

This is for the direct LHR-LAX tomorrow which I gather has been cancelled a few times due to the A380 issues recently. Just checking this isn’t a pre-warning of an intended cancellation as it only appeared from today.

Thanks!

Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
What does (D) 2 mean next to number of stops?

This is for the direct LHR-LAX tomorrow which I gather has been cancelled a few times due to the A380 issues recently. Just checking this isn’t a pre-warning of an intended cancellation as it only appeared from today.

Thanks!
Don't know what it is, but it's showing on all my bookings. It disappears after a few seconds once the app seems to have refreshed again. I wouldn't worry.
LCSinTexas and HarryKUK like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Wanted to spend some cash on BA this evening… but they don’t want my money!

On DuckDuckGo I get (in a whole list of languages):

Error 403 - You don't have enough permissions to proceed further

And on Safari:

Welcome to ba.comWe are experiencing high demand on ba.com at the moment.

Thank you for your patience.

Patience? Sorry… no BA… looks like Easyjet is the way to go.
Same here . Came into the office this morning using work network & no problems at all.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by c1223
Don't know what it is, but it's showing on all my bookings. It disappears after a few seconds once the app seems to have refreshed again. I wouldn't worry.
I noticed this at the weekend along with very messy overlapping formatting in the iOS app. As you say after a few seconds it all snaps into place. I assumed it the D meant direct and the 2 was just because there was a departure and arrival location so 2 locations?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was just trying to find out if the points for MrLapLap’s last BA flight had posted:

He’s been on 3 BA flights in the past month.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Can anyone get to the flight selection screen for an Avios redemption? I get as far as the availability calendar showing the date I want but from that point and where I'd normally be taken to flight selection, it has been saying error for the last 2 hours whether via the web or app.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LapLap
Was just trying to find out if the points for MrLapLap’s last BA flight had posted:
The points details are showing now (not for the flight path though)
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Getting the following with one specific PNR - all others are ok:

"Not able to connect to AGL Group Loyalty Platform and IO Error Recieved" [sic]
Old Apr 5, 2024, 12:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The “We are experiencing high demand on ba.com at the moment” message is utterly unnerving.
FlyingSquirrel_ likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
American Express (Premium Plus) card payment won't go through. Tried Firefox and Chrome, website and app; two different cards. failed at 8am, still not working at 10:30 am
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:41 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
I have been keeping an eye on the LCY-BLL flights operated by Sun Air (which I sometimes fly) and have noted that after COVID none of the evening flights on Thursdays are released for Avios. The morning flight is available for Avios and on other days (e.g. Fridays) the evening flight is also available for Avios, but the evening flight is never available on Thursdays.

Is this an IT glitch? Would BA be able to book me on an Avios ticket on those flights if I called BAEC?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Scandinavian traveler
I have been keeping an eye on the LCY-BLL flights operated by Sun Air (which I sometimes fly) and have noted that after COVID none of the evening flights on Thursdays are released for Avios. The morning flight is available for Avios and on other days (e.g. Fridays) the evening flight is also available for Avios, but the evening flight is never available on Thursdays.

Is this an IT glitch? Would BA be able to book me on an Avios ticket on those flights if I called BAEC?
Worth a call, I guess
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Getting the following with one specific PNR - all others are ok:

"Not able to connect to AGL Group Loyalty Platform and IO Error Recieved" [[i]sic]
Same on my side, upgraded PNR, created a complaint beginning of Feb and only answer i got was: "The error you are receiving is a known issue that is being looked into by our faults team. you do not have the booking via your account. This can be done via the BA.com homepage, under the 'Manage' tab with your reference and surname."
so you can put it on the long list of issues that the IT will probably fix one day,.... as long as there is still a workaround available,...
My PNR can be accessed via the app without any issue, only being logged into my account and trying to access the booking is causing issues.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:15 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
BA website woes 10th April 2024

Anyone else getting ba.com very busy / can't access booking / can't check in both on app and web today?

orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yep - It's just kicked me out again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.