Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Johnnie Walker Blue Label in First

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:52 pm

JW Blue is very good at removing the adhesive left behind by blue packing tape. Needs a bit of a scrub with steel scourer but an effective decontaminant nonetheless.
Mordac likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by mikebg
Actually, I really like it (and NOT with sprite!!). To be honest, its one of my favourites. But I think some people fail to appreciate that these things are very much a matter of individual taste.
I love The Glenlivet. If you do as well then I recommend the various Nŕdurra bottlings. Still, I wish BA had some peaty malts - I was delighted to see Laphroaig in the JAL lounge in Tokyo recently, for instance, and I can't see how this is impossible in the UK.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by _nate
I love The Glenlivet. If you do as well then I recommend the various Nŕdurra bottlings. Still, I wish BA had some peaty malts - I was delighted to see Laphroaig in the JAL lounge in Tokyo recently, for instance, and I can't see how this is impossible in the UK.
I too love The Glenlivet (currently only 9 miles away) and would highly recommend the Nŕdurra bottlings too. Plus the 18y is IMO a benchmark.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't want to get drawn in to a pendant face-off

Just to clarify, JW a blended whisky, so it comprises some malt whisky and some grain whisky. I don't know what the proportions are for JW but typically there is more grain whisky that malt whisky in a blend. Malt whisky tends to refer to either a single malt, or a blended malt containing only malt whisky.

The various whisky types are:
  • Single Malt Whisky is produced only from 100% malted barley.
  • Single Grain Whisky ‐ from a mixture of cereals (e.g. corn, maize) that may include barley.
  • Blended Grain Whisky ‐ rare but Compass Box now being sold
  • Blended Malt (aka Vatted Malt Whisky) involves the blending of several single malt scotch whiskies from different distilleries.
  • Blended Scotch Whisky combines grain and malt whiskies. ‐ about 60‐85% grain whisky.

I think between us we have illustrated the difference between a Malt Snob and a Whisky Geek.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
There’s absolutely nothing inherently better about a single malt over a blend - in fact the vast bulk of single malt production goes straight into blends. Real whisky snobs prefer single cask bottlings anyway!

Drink what you like, dont drink what you don’t.

FWIW, I recently received a bottle of Naked Grouse - about a Ł25 bottle I think - it’s not complex, but it is very, very drinkable.
Agree fully, in fact most 'single malts' are also blends (i.e from different barrels).
Glen Garioch cask strength is my tipple of choice :-)
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I've heard rumours that JW Blue has been removed from GF, Is this true?

Also is it still available in CCR and on board IN F?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tomparskate
I've heard rumours that JW Blue has been removed from GF, Is this true?

Also is it still available in CCR and on board IN F?
It was present this lunchtime in CCR and Flounge.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:39 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It was present this lunchtime in CCR and Flounge.
I’ve seen it twice in GF over the past fortnight.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Jed

I’ve seen it twice in GF over the past fortnight.
Was missing from T3 First last Monday. My first afternoon flight in years and they took it away. Was angry.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by avon75

Was missing from T3 First last Monday. My first afternoon flight in years and they took it away. Was angry.
Did you ask the staff?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Did you ask the staff?
No, I didn’t think to. I just assumed it was not on display so not available.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by avon75

No, I didn’t think to. I just assumed it was not on display so not available.
Are you sure you were in the Flounge section on the left? It's not unusual for people to find themselves in the main GC lounge since the walkway up from the shops has a straight line into GC, and the agents on the desk for some reason don't point out the other part of the lounge. JW Blue as in T3 Flounge during my last visit, 6 days ago, it's never normally available in GC. Black is usually available in Cathay First if you prefer that.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Used to love the JWBlue in F on BA, with a night big bowl of jumbo cashews.. times change - maybe.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Are you sure you were in the Flounge section on the left? It's not unusual for people to find themselves in the main GC lounge since the walkway up from the shops has a straight line into GC, and the agents on the desk for some reason don't point out the other part of the lounge. JW Blue as in T3 Flounge during my last visit, 6 days ago, it's never normally available in GC. Black is usually available in Cathay First if you prefer that.
Definitely in the F lounge. I’m familiar with it and I turned up sober !
coxm and corporate-wage-slave like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze. MLife Gold, Cunard Diamond, Total Rewards Diamond.
On the evening BA flight from ORD 2 years ago l had a long drink of JWB and added some coke and ice. The CSM saw me and asked later how i enjoyed it,
I told him Oh it was a waste of good Coca Cola.
RoyalSwazi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.